First Post….recommended reading?

Hi all,

I bought my first Omega a few weeks back. Since then I have been hooked on researching 1940’s-1960’s. Mostly, Seamasters as I like the minimalist classy (IMO) designs.

I am a contractor and due to working with tools I can’t wear a ring. Years ago I had this tattoo made with the initials of my family on the face. At the time Omega was less about the brand as it was about a reminder of forging and committing a path in life with my family. (Happily married 24 years)

I still love a good book to read. What would be some top recommendations on a book about:
- History of Omega
- specific vintage Omega
- General vintage watch collecting.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_4226.jpeg

Welcome to the forum! My wife gifted me these on separate occasions, I’ve enjoyed reading them both. More about every brand, or organized by type of watches, rather than specific omega, but enjoyable reads nonetheless.
IMG_7557.jpeg For specific Omega reads there are these below and other OF members may know others as well.
- Omega: A Journey Through Time
@dsio wrote about it here on OF Stories in the link I attached above. But heads up that it’s more of a whole catalogue of the Omega brand rather than a good read.
- Moonwatch Only
Considered the ultimate Speedmaster guide.
- I’m sure a trip down the search button here on OF will also yield a bunch of good results.

Hi all,

I bought my first Omega a few weeks back. Since then I have been hooked on researching 1940’s-1960’s. Mostly, Seamasters as I like the minimalist classy (IMO) designs.

I am a contractor and due to working with tools I can’t wear a ring. Years ago I had this tattoo made with the initials of my family on the face. At the time Omega was less about the brand as it was about a reminder of forging and committing a path in life with my family. (Happily married 24 years)

I still love a good book to read. What would be some top recommendations on a book about:
- History of Omega
- specific vintage Omega
- General vintage watch collecting.

Thanks in advance!

IMG_4226.jpeg
Welcome aboard! This place is full of great folks and their knowledge is unmatched. Pull up a chair and stay a while.

Welcome Paul!

I am currently reading “Hands of Time” by Rebecca Struthers, it is not specifically about Omega but it’s a chronological history of watchmaking with really nice anecdotes and narrated in a very nice style, I would very much recommend it to you!

Thanks for the "Welcomes" and the suggestions.

The internet is an amazing resource. I like that books don't have tabs open at the top of the page with my other interests/work as a distraction.

Congrats and welcome to OF. If you're looking for some book recommendations, here are a few for you:

1. "Omega: A Journey Through Time" by Marco Richon: This book delves into the rich history of Omega, from its origins to iconic models and innovations.
2. "Vintage Omega Watches" by Anton Kreuzer: This book focuses on specific vintage Omega watches, showcasing their designs, movements, and unique features.
3. "The Vintage Rolex Field Guide" by Colin White: Although not specifically about Omega, this guide gives you insights into the world of vintage watch collecting as a whole.

Hope you find these books interesting and informative!