Forums Latest Members
  1. JBDinMad Jun 16, 2017

Hello All,
    As a newbie to this forum I am keen to expand my knowledge on my own watches and also the rest of the watches shown here.
    For example, sometimes I read a post where a member is excited about a certain combination of watch model with a rare caliber and fail to grasp the significance.

Apart from reading the posts and enjoying the pictures of the watches I would like to expand my knowledge on watches.
    To that end, can you recommend books that may get someone like me started on building my knowledge base?

A focus on Omega watches and their history would be best, but also general watch history is needed.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards
    Juloian

2. M'Bob Jun 16, 2017

Did you try typing a search into Google?

efauser likes this.
  3. M'Bob Jun 16, 2017

4. ConElPueblo Jun 16, 2017

Hi there and welcome :)

There are a large amount of books on the subject, many of which are expensive and/or difficult to get a hold of. I would recommend you to start read the entire Omegaforum.net back catalogue of threads - this is one of the best ressources online and it is free. If you care for vintage Omega Constellations, you should go have a look at Desmond's Blog or if Speedmasters are your thing look up www.Speedmaster101.com :)

I have gone through the Vintage Omega subforum twice and I always learn new things - or re-learn something I've forgotten.

dsio likes this.
  5. JBDinMad Jun 17, 2017

Thanksfor the links.
    M'Bob, I know how to google, just wanted some help in filtering the many entries.

Best regards

6. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Jun 17, 2017

Recommended readings? Sure. I seem to recall this having been a stimulating read, though it's probably out of print. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Nathan1967 likes this.
  7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 17, 2017

When I find a watch I like start googling, if I find a good article or piece of research I save the link for further reference. I've got hundreds of links to blogs, forums, and websites. Every once in awhile you can find amazing forum posts buried from time with exceptional information. I found one that went step by step through every Breitling 806 model with every change,spec, and variation. It was 5 years old and on page 6 of the google search.

For me the hunt for the knowledge is fun.

8. Nathan1967 Jun 17, 2017

You couldn't share that 806 link could you please @Foo2rama? I got beaten to the punch on one a few months back, probably the right thing for me at the time as I just didn't have the knowledge to know if it was the one for me at the price.

Thanks

Nathan

9. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jun 17, 2017

Message me I'll dig it out when I get home.

Nathan1967 likes this.
  10. Nathan1967 Jun 17, 2017

Troels is probably too modest to recommend his own posts but this one is very useful https://omegaforums.net/threads/learn-how-to-fish.52603/unread