Forums Latest Members
  1. Taximoney11 Jun 12, 2021

I say new. Used Swiss watches are way too expensive right now, if you can find what you like and a discount then get the new watch.

2. havanaomega Jun 13, 2021

I don’t like the DeVille look, I prefer the constellation but, I am thinking on getting a new speedmaster moon watch.

I, like so many others here got my seamaster new from the AD. Yes you pay more but, you get the entire package. Take your time try them on. This is a big difference from just looking online. They will give you some bubbly liquid, what they call that, oh champagne :). Enjoy the whole experience it is definitely worth it!

3. havanaomega Jun 13, 2021

4. Mac-427 Jun 16, 2021

I purchased my 300M new in box from Jareds. I didn't bargain for a discount but they gifted me a nice set or earrings for my wife. To me, there was something nice about purchasing the watch without bargaining like I was buying a used car. I wanted to leave the store with the feeling of a beautiful watch on my wrist without the intensity of bargaining. No, I'm not wealthy and I always wrestle with car dealers and haggled like a maniac for my house but the watch purchase gave me a special feeling that I wanted to retain every time I checked my wrist.

havanaomega likes this.
  5. havanaomega Jun 16, 2021

I get exactly what you mean. I got a small discount on mine, 5% and I bought a belt with that. The negotiation was very tasteful and gentlemen like. My dad bought the watch for me so, it was important not to tarnish the experience with ugly back and forth. I sell cars and always make it a point to not disrespect people when they are trying to get a discount. If you can come to NYC for your next purchase let me know. I have 5 brands in the auto group I work for; therefore, you should be able to find something you like.

Commisar and Mac-427 like this.
  6. JosephxSxN Jun 16, 2021

I bought my first one used from an AD, it had been serviced as part of the deal. Got 36% off along with the box but no cards. Been very happy with it and no regrets going with used. The bracelet did have a few scratches but nothing that bothered me considering it's become my daily driver.

7. GooLooGooLoo Jun 19, 2021

Just bought the new white dial Seamaster today. Negotiated 17% discount off MSRP through AD.

Couple hours later I have another AD calling me about having the outgoing speedy, 5% off MSRP (5350 USD).. If only that lady called me sooner....

It never hurts to ask for a discount, just be polite to the dealer & try to find middle ground.

20210619_135416.jpg
  8. gbesq Jun 19, 2021

I’ve purchased new and used. Both options have their pros and cons. Aside from the fact that you’ll have a brand new watch without a scratch (which won’t last long), the biggest advantage to buying new is the lengthy manufacturer’s warranty. You may never need it, but it’s reassuring to know it’s there. The biggest disadvantage to buying new: depreciation. As for buying used, well, that’s the only option if you want a vintage watch. :) The biggest advantage of buying used, of course, is price. The biggest disadvantages are no warranty (or a relatively short limited warranty), the watch may have a few scratches and dings, or there may be hidden issues with the movement. If you buy used, always factor in the cost of a full service in making your decision. If it were me and it was my first luxury watch purchase, I would buy new, but on the grey market. You won’t get the manufacturer’s warranty, but you’ll get a brand new watch and likely score a 25-40% discount off retail. The savings will be more than enough to pay for a full service, and then some, in the very unlikely event that something goes wrong. Just my 2 cents.

Commisar likes this.
  9. Commisar Jul 1, 2021

I agree

Even now, you can get New in Box Omegas for 20-30% off MSRP with legitimate warranty cards from "grey market" sellers.

10. Commisar Jul 1, 2021

I don't think so. 5 years warranty takes care of teething troubles.

Alfista88 and PandaSPUR like this.