Fake Speedmaster in “Dark Winds” Season 4

Posts
2,801
Likes
3,727
I’m finally watching season 4 of “Dark Winds” and I noticed in episode 3 that the female killer (played by German actress Franka Potente of “Run Lola Run” fame) appeared to be wearing a Speedmaster. But something about the dial looked off - it was too light and appeared to have raised indices. Maybe an automatic version?

But on Season 4 they had a close up (two actually) and I got a good view. And a picture:



A fake (note the date window and subdials). So disappointed. Why even show a close up?
 
Posts
151
Likes
210
oh yes… that date window placement is so incorrect. like a Speedy Fifty Fathoms
 
Posts
235
Likes
3,130
Yes a fake. The Speedmaster Date 40mm with Omega 3304 caliber had the date window in that location though, but dial was normally signed Automatic Chronometer, never Professional.