F1 2021

Austin was packed! 120K people "nut to butt".
And virtually no masks….

Mexico and Brazil should be good, the last three races of the season… well that’s another boring story.
Those are RB strongholds. Unless there's a crash with Max or he has some car issues, I don't see him losing.

And virtually no masks….
It sounded like the teams were the only ones required to wear a mask at COTA.

It sounded like the teams were the only ones required to wear a mask at COTA.
I’m curious what the protocols were for everyone. According to Will Buxton, you were able to remove your mask while static (which in itself is an odd rule/allowance). While he’s not part of any team, he is around them. It also seemed like they didn’t have to adhere to their “bubbles” as many different media reps were allowed in the pit lane again.

Marko contacting his lawyers tonight to see how they can get rid of Yuki after he screwed over the RB senior team during Q today.

Marko contacting his lawyers tonight to see how they can get rid of Yuki after he screwed over the RB senior team during Q today.
He might have done them a favour. With a long straight to the first corner the slipstream effect makes 3rd the preferred grid position to slingshot by.

Don’t think old Helmut bothers asking anyone for permission before an execution, he’s not known for his holding back lol

I think in this case Yuki was more a convenient scapegoat to help max save face

Don’t think old Helmut bothers asking anyone for permission before an execution, he’s not known for his holding back lol

I think in this case Yuki was more a convenient scapegoat to help max save face
After reading what happened, I think you’re right. Initially I thought he spun out but it was him getting out of the way for Perez. RB tried to blame Yuki when really it was their own fault.

After reading what happened, I think you’re right. Initially I thought he spun out but it was him getting out of the way for Perez. RB tried to blame Yuki when really it was their own fault.
I get the feeling they make excuses for Max whenever they can just to sort of keep him in that winning mindset, Mercedes do the same for Lewis too and Ferrari for any driver they haven’t turned on at a given point in time. GT Max is RB’s Golden Goose.

Reminds me of when Shane Warne was bowling back in the day the entire Australian field would crowd the batsman and even when Shane bowled a rubbish ball you’d hear 8 Aussie voices going “oooooh near there nearly, beautiful bowling Shane, great stuff Shane, love your work Shane” like his personal cheer squad, he could bowl like rubbish the entire test match and they never stopped cheering him and being visibly in awe of him just to make the batsman scared of facing Australian spin bowling Jesus.

Reminds me of when Shane Warne was bowling back in the day the entire Australian field would crowd the batsman and even when Shane bowled a rubbish ball you’d hear 8 Aussie voices going “oooooh near there nearly, beautiful bowling Shane, great stuff Shane, love your work Shane” like his personal cheer squad, he could bowl like rubbish the entire test match and they never stopped cheering him and being visibly in awe of him just to make the batsman scared of facing Australian spin bowling Jesus.
As an American I have no idea what any of this means other than the guy has his own personal hype man/squad to keep him in the right frame of mind.

As an American I have no idea what any of this means other than the guy has his own personal hype man/squad to keep him in the right frame of mind.

It means it's also possible to be good without a cheerleader squad

(I'm not interested in cricket, but wanted to try out a new telephoto lens. More photos sent to the mother of the young bowler here.)

Getting "Tsunoda'd" ended up being advantageous to VER as it got him the slipstream into Turn 1. Congratulations to PER for the podium at his home GP.

Getting "Tsunoda'd" ended up being advantageous to VER as it got him the slipstream into Turn 1. Congratulations to PER for the podium at his home GP.
Well, the most advantageous was bottas leaving the door open for him. Quite why he left a passage for max is beyond me. Block max and Lewis is through. He should have made a move left off the line with Hamilton covering the middle.

Bottas also seemed to brake earlier than everyone else which led to him getting tagged by Daniel.

Hamilton after the sprint-not-a-race "it's not over yet". That was quite a drive!

Hamilton after the sprint-not-a-race "it's not over yet". That was quite a drive!
HAM carved through the field fairly quickly. I'm looking forward to a good, clean race on Sunday.

HAM carved through the field fairly quickly. I'm looking forward to a good, clean race on Sunday.
Have to wonder how big of a bag Toto would have to give Bottas to get him to take out max in the Senna Esses?