F1 2021

An entertaining couple of hours on a Sunday morning, rain really jumbles up the normal procession. Kudos for Max for coming second, and he has a very fresh engine going forward.

That was a great race.
Best Russian GP by far, this whole year has been brilliant though

Exciting finish in the rain!
A bit bummed for Lando. Not sure why he didn’t pit sooner?? Didn’t his team call him in the box? 😕
I think he made the right gamble. If he pitted and rain never came he losses, Hamilton made the right choice when he could not pass lando in the conditions, but if it started to rain he would have a chance. If I was Lando I think that I would have made the same call. Hamilton was ready to make the same call, untill it was clear he would not be able to pass if the conditions stayed the same or got worse.

I think that even without the rain at the end this was one of the best races in the last 2 years.

Bottas is totally useless. Doesn’t put up any fight against Max and just let’s him drive by.

Just not quite as useless as Perez? Perez starts 9th finishes 9th. Bottas starts 16th finishes 5th

Just not quite as useless as Perez? Perez starts 9th finishes 9th. Bottas starts 16th finishes 5th
If you only compare the start vs end results like you have, sure... but did you miss the rest of the race?
Perez managed his tires incredibly well, fought his way up through the field making a ton of fantastic overtakes, led the race for a time - granted due to other driver pit stops but still he had put himself in position to only drop to 5th after his pit- and fought his way back to 3rd where he was set to finish if it weren't for the rain.
Bottas let Max drive by, was yelled at on air by Toto to fight harder, did make his way up the field partly on his own merit but largely due to other drivers pitting, and was set to finish in or near 14th had it not been for the rain.
The mad scramble for pits at the end greatly mixed up the field with some fairing much better than others- IE Max's incredibly lucky leap from 7th to 2nd.
Edited:

Bottas was going to finish out of the points if it weren’t for the rain while Perez was looking at top 5 finish. One really lucked out while the other got really unlucky.

As a #2 driver neither has really been great. Perez’s best performance as a #2 was getting the win when Lewis switched on the magic brakes. Bottas best performance as a a #2 was taking out like 4 cars including both RB’s at the start of Hungary.

Hamilton is very much like a gambling addict. Makes calls and only remembers when he wins. Forgets about all the times his bad calls didn’t work.

Congratulations to BOT on a well driven race. There was actually some nice passing from third place on down to the midfield.

There was actually some nice passing from third place on down to the midfield.

Hopefully they'll keep that track in the schedule. A dry race there would likely be spectacular.

Bottas taking another internal combustion engine. I really think they are having to run these full power all the time to keep up with Red Bull.

Bottas taking another internal combustion engine. I really think they are having to run these full power all the time to keep up with Red Bull.
0.9+ seconds faster than RB in FP1. And Mercedes are generally sandbagging up to Q1. Hmmmm.

Max and Lewis on front row = first corner crash tomorrow?

Are there wider T1s in the calendar? Hope they’ll manage - looking forward to a fight and hope Perez can perform too.

Well, the US GP was a riveting race until the end. It was nice to see the different strategies play out at the front and all of the tight battles & elbows out in the midfield today.
Edited:

Good race. Still not a fan of Max.

Well, the US GP was a riveting race until the end. It was nice to see the different strategies play out at the front and all of the tight battles & elbows out in the midfield today.

it reminded me of the refueling days when there was back and forth swapping of P1 during the pit stop windows. Great race!

Mexico and Brazil should be good, the last three races of the season… well that’s another boring story.