Forums Latest Members

SOLD Crisp & Clean Omega Constellation 168.027 (Linen Dial)

1. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 22, 2020

Hi OF

Up for grabs my stunning crisp linen dial Connie with the white gold fluted bezel.

It took quite a while to reach the point of this sale, as despite the fact that it simply doesn't get enough wrist time, it is in absolutely outstanding condition, and I do enjoy it on the wrist.

IMG_0133.JPG

Mechanically everything is perfect.

It was serviced in February 2019 by Romain, where he also installed a new crystal. These decased pictures are his pictures, not mine.

Winding works a charm, as does setting the time. The date-advance mechanism is also very crisp. For those who don't know how it works on the cal 564, its done by advancing the time till just past midnight (at crown position 1) when the date changes, then pull the crown out from position 1 to position 2, to advance the date, and so on, until the correct date is achieved.

IMG_0130.JPG
    IMG_0127.png

The movement is pristine.

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

Dial is also stunning.

IMG_0132.JPG

Caseback shows only a few marks from strap changes, and I don't see any end link marks at all.

As such I could not get myself to fit the bracelet that I sourced (about 14.5cm long, which is the same length as all my other bracelets that fit my 7.2inch wrist). Silly I know.

It is included in the sale.

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

IMG_3621.jpg

The Case is as good as it gets IMH2cO. All factory original finishes present, with just a few scratches not really noticable.

IMG_3615.jpg IMG_3616.jpg IMG_3617.jpg IMG_3618.jpg IMG_3619.jpg

More dial and caseback shots.

IMG_3611.jpg IMG_3612.jpg IMG_3613.jpg

Here are some macro shots...so that you can see what you won't normally see.

IMG_3623.jpg

Bracelet clasp...#30, 1040. Not much to be said about this.

IMG_3624.jpg

This dial is fantastic. And at this magnification, at this angle, is the only way one can see the only flaw that the watch has (which is not visible on the wrist, as its obscured by the crystal from most angles). Can you see it? I bet you did not until now...at the 36s mark...on the edge. I highlight it here, like this, for full disclosure.

IMG_3626.jpg IMG_3628.jpg IMG_3629.jpg

This case is fantastic.

IMG_3630.jpg IMG_3631.jpg IMG_3632.jpg IMG_3633.jpg

I am a private collector and not a dealer. This watch comes from my humble collection, which like most of you, is a result of a hobby that takes up far more time (and hard earned money!) than I would like to admit.

Sale terms and conditions. 1450 CHF (USD / EURO / GBP equivalent) wired directly to my Transferwise account. More currencies are available upon request.

I will include shipping to wherever you are in the world.

The watch and I are in Switzerland, and so F2F could happen here. I will accept a wire directly to my Swiss bank account too, however that will be in CHF, and will thus cost you conversion and transfer fees. Paypal F&F will be accepted, in CHF as specified. I use Transferwise as it saves you on these fees, and is a local transaction for us both. Returns are accepted only if grossly misrepresented. You will get what you see in these pictures which are of a decent quality and high resolution, so I don't believe there is any chance of misrepresentation.

References (by searching the 'seller profiles & review' sub forum).

I have 100% positive reviews (upon request) on other platforms too.

Thanks ΩF for this space :thumbsup:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Some Glamour Shots
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMG_1026.jpg IMG_2652.jpg

Edited Feb 24, 2020
    DJG2645, orwell, AAAKK and 34 others like this.
  2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 28, 2020

^

3. bardamu Feb 28, 2020

Wonderful watch and great pics, GLWS!

eugeneandresson likes this.
  4. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Feb 28, 2020

this... is... so... lovely.... ::love::

GLWS

eugeneandresson likes this.
  5. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Mar 7, 2020

Just a little note on my price.

Here is what it cost me:
    Watch head : 850chf. I thought it that nice, and while I don't keep tabs on the market for these, I do see them on social media, and non are this nice (imho, however, ymmv).
    Service : 350chf (plus return train tickets to my watchmaker who is 2h away).
    Bracelet : 200chf.

Just looking to break even (which is normally my goal) :thumbsup:

DJG2645, alam and Seaborg like this.
  6. Seaborg Mar 7, 2020

I just can't believe you sell this one :eek:::screwloose::

It's sooooooooo stunning ::love::::love::::love::::love::

DJG2645 and eugeneandresson like this.