Forums Latest Members

Constellation with unusual arabic numerals - EDIT: It has arrived!

1. Jones in LA Isofrane hoarder. Apr 21, 2017

Wow -- it looks spectacular. Congratulations!

(your next assignment is to track down a period-correct buckle :) )

Hnansen likes this.
  2. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Apr 21, 2017

Yours may be one of the later 'regular' doglegs
    But if you look in the recent recommended thread you'll see examples of the mid 70s 'Japanese' dog legs with a later movement
    Nice Connie - great case and unusual dial variation - enjoy!

Hnansen likes this.
  3. Hnansen Apr 21, 2017

Yes, i just saw it in the thread! I had no idea that they continued using the dog legs for so long, albeit with a lot of differences to the general lay out. Mine is with the 564 cal. :)
    And thanks!

Thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

I actually already own two genuine Omega buckles from the period :)

The last one (with the closed logo) actually came with the watch. And since the watch is manufactured in 1969 it is actually not entirely impossible that the watch originally came with that exact buckle! I know its a long shot, but that buckle type is apparently from the start 70´s, and if the watch had laid around for a couple of years before being sold, it MIGHT be possible that they paired it with it! ;)

Fil_002.jpeg Fil_003.jpeg
    GregH and Jones in LA like this.
  4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Apr 21, 2017

Out of interest - what is the serial number on the movement ?

5. Hnansen Apr 21, 2017

2872xxxx :)

Peemacgee likes this.
  6. propervinyl Apr 23, 2017

This is such a beautiful example. I really want one now ;-)

7. ConElPueblo May 2, 2017

Just curious, @Hnansen - at what time did you decide to put your new Constellation up for sale?
    384591-350947b04212d623f031bb04253808b0.jpg

I don't mind helping other out - especially not people who are new to the hobby - but when it appears that the other party is only in it to score a quick profit, I am out.

FWIW, I do think your selling price on Facebook (€1270) is pretty steep. But a nice profit of roughly 50% to you :thumbsup:

I'll advise that you try doing some research on your own from now on. Members here are not a part of a watch consultants' company who are helping dealers make money of their passion.

384590-84e77d432876b939e8bb4c6752af3722.jpg
    Mark020, hoipolloi, TNTwatch and 4 others like this.
  8. Hnansen May 2, 2017

I decided to put it up for sale yesterday, as you can see from the ad :)
    I did not buy the watch to make a profit. I bought it as i liked it and wanted to wear it. Yesterday i bought a quite expensive 18 carat Seamaster, and since i am a student and my pockets are not deep, i have to sell the Constellation again.

I of course dont expect to sell it for the full price. I expect to sell it with a 15-25% discount, as that is what people on facebook ads usually bids, which i dont think will be an unfair ending price at all.
    Of course you guys helped me by saying that you thought the dial looked OK. But i still took quite a gamle, as the seller only provided very blury pictures, as well as stating that he did not have the time to test it for accuracy.
    The amount i paid what significantly under the market value, so why should i sell it for that again? So somebody else can buy it under value and make money of it?

But i think its fair that you bring it up, and i hope my explanation is suffice :)
    And i of course apologise, if you interpret this as me trying exploit you guys. I can definitely understand why you would think that, but i can honestly say that i did not buy the watch, to make money of it. That is the absolute truth.

What i dont think is alright, is that you put a picture with my full name and picture up on a public board and i expect you to pull that down, out of privacy.
    You can keep the pictures of the ad in the post, no problem about that, but not my face and name. If you crop the pictures to leave of the top, then i am fine by that.
    EDIT: face and private name removed by admin

Edited May 2, 2017
    TNTwatch likes this.