Classic car spotting this week.

Nearly got it in frame!

If it had not been misfiring I would not have the camera out and turned on in time.

Sugar scoop headlamps, bright trim, silver bar targa, what's not to like? Very sweet.

Citroen BX GTI. Bristol UK

A rare survivor. Apparently lots of these were scrapped and their engines removed to go into Peugeot 206s as they had better handling.
the designer died on March 14th this year 🙁

Marcello Gandini R.I.P.
Edited:

Nearly got it in frame!

If it had not been misfiring I would not have the camera out and turned on in time.

Beautiful, love the targas. One of my roles back when I was a coachtrimmer was repairing and replacing the vinyl so I’ve worked on and driven a few. In a lot of ways I prefer a targa to a convertible, as I love the wraparound rear window.

Need to tow a trailer but don’t have a truck or suv?
No problem, just use a 50 year old bmw.

Is it cheating if I’m at a classic car show?

Not when your showing such a beautiful Alfa Spider Touring.
Edited:

Ohhh, I am rather taken with that OSI! Good work by Industrial Stampings Workshops. Shame about the old-fashioned Ford cart-axle chassis underneath it.
img_8313-jpeg.1765250

“Johnny Cash has been on the phone, needs some parts for his Porsche”

“what model does he have?”

Classic enough for you? The wagon found in the Oseberg ship burial from viking times.

I sold my hobby car two years ago, to an AMC collector/body man. It is a rare care with only 2,500 having been made. It is a 1978 AMC Concord two-door fastback. He has upgraded the wheels and tires, power polished it, done some other minor cosmetic stuff to it, did some minor repairs, shampooed the engine, and the result shows in the picture. This was taken Sunday at the World of Wheels car show, locally. The Concord earned second prize in its group. Jeez I miss that car, but he has done things with it that I was not going to be able to do. AMC cars were generally driven into the ground and ended up being converted into rebar. There were only two of this model sold in Southern Alberta in 1978. I’ve never seen another one, so it might be the last one in Canada.

Edited:

Classic enough for you? The wagon found in the Oseberg ship burial from viking times.

Classic Car(t) Spotting.

E28 520i in Amsterdam, hopefully midway through a rolling restoration.
Note the paint colour and interior differences.

I added this one to my garage a bit over a year ago. My middle son Scott, shown in the photo has taken a strong liking to it.
Triple black, 496/8.2L, 4 speed, 4.11 sure-grip. A pavement ripper… it’s totally nuts.
😲

A local gum ball race (Team tyggegummi) passed through here today. It was advertised as a sports car meet and run,but it was mostly euro car with suped up exhaust, some Porsches and a lambo that sounded awful. ( Damn it I am a old grumpy guy).

And what I guess is a police helikopter following.

Driving my rig south on I-87 approaching Saratoga, I saw a very well patinaed version in deep blue of this thing zoom by me…wish I could have snapped a picture. One of the sexiest things I ever saw! 🥰