Classic car spotting this week.

In all honesty, there are a lot of those down here, and they carry fairly high prices.

(I know.😀 There's one on the other side of this truck with the dirt.)

Any splitty is good money, especially without rust. Bus, single cab, double cab.

The 'Cali' look bugs are a favorite of mine.

Somebody is
https://aston.co.uk/cars-for-sale/aston-martin/db4/car74

Bargain at £1.5M + 20% tax.

I can't imagine how much success they'll have with that - yes, it is way cheaper than buying a real one BUT... it's not real, and so therefore cannot justify costing over a million. If they sold it around the 300K mark, mayeb the same sort of people who buy Singer Porsche etc would buy them up.

I'm not so sure many will pay close to 2 million for a fake!

(looks nice though)

I can't imagine how much success they'll have with that - yes, it is way cheaper than buying a real one BUT... it's not real, and so therefore cannot justify costing over a million. If they sold it around the 300K mark, mayeb the same sort of people who buy Singer Porsche etc would buy them up.

(looks nice though)
Recreation…

slight difference

Are we dreaming & wishing here?
Or...
Actually in the garage...Unrestored, in the family since new.
Edited:

They have a waiting list, so apparently people do want them.

(looks nice though)

I don’t think a Singer has been 300k for about 10 years.

I don’t think a Singer has been 300k for about 10 years.
I was playing the number down to make it more reaosnable for something not as popular as a Porsche.

Citroen BX GTI. Bristol UK

A rare survivor. Apparently lots of these were scrapped and their engines removed to go into Peugeot 206s as they had better handling.

Citroen BX GTI. Bristol UK

A rare survivor. Apparently lots of these were scrapped and their engines removed to go into Peugeot 206s as they had better handling.

Lovely. I used to have a Renault 19 16v (Phase 1). Was in that Williams blue so I had some small gold Williams stickers made up for it and put them in the same places as the Williams Clio. Confused the local garage mechanics - "I didn't know they did a Williams 19!"...

A previous little number from the early '60's "The Saint"
Do I wish it was still here? Bet 'yer azz.

Things in LA can be so random...

Remember this?

My brother had a bay window single cab like this that he sold to his Porsche mechanic.

He visited today and saw the engine that's going in the truck. It's a Porsche 2.0 from the early sixties.

That's going to be so much fun to drive. Part of the sale was my brother gets dibs. Nice sleeper truck!

Remember this?

My brother had a bay window single cab like this that he sold to his Porsche mechanic.

He visited today and saw the engine that's going in the truck. It's a Porsche 2.0 from the early sixties.

That's going to be so much fun to drive. Part of the sale was my brother gets dibs. Nice sleeper truck!

Nice pick up, I used to drive a white crew cab. Every trip was an adventure, especially driving over bridges in the wind (luckily there were three lanes 😲)

Nearly got it in frame!

If it had not been misfiring I would not have the camera out and turned on in time.