Forums Latest Members
  1. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 13, 2020

That is true. Easy way to tell if original is to look for the Omega symbol in the center of the crystal.

Are the markers gold? Some steel Constellations had dials with gold markers, star and "Omega".

Watch is not in the greatest condition, but price is fair for what it is. You would be better served to spend more and get more.
    gatorcpa

Dimitris likes this.
  2. Dimitris Jan 13, 2020

It has the omega logo in the middle but I will definetly change it cause it is in a very bad shape and I dont really care about the acrylic so much the markers are silver

3. Dimitris Jan 13, 2020

May I see them please :) ?

4. cristos71 Jan 14, 2020

I think any watchmaker would see things a bit differently here, servicing watches is how he makes his money! I can't imagine him servicing it for free, more likely around €150 plus crown and crystal costs.

5. Dimitris Jan 14, 2020

we will see maybe its sserviced and needs only glass and polish

6. Kargol Jan 14, 2020

Even if you change the glass keep it. Or try to polish the glass with polywatch by yourself. You will be surprised...

Dimitris likes this.
  7. Dimitris Jan 14, 2020

I told the same thing to my watchmaker he said it will get full of cracks

8. Dan S Jan 14, 2020

::confused2:: Not true.

Dimitris likes this.
  9. gatorcpa ΩF InvestiGator Staff Member Jan 14, 2020

If they crystal has internal cracks, Polywatch can’t fix it.

However, if there are only scratches on the outside, Polywatch is perfect. Will make crystal look brand new. Just make sure you cover the watch case, especially if it is gold plated or capped.
    gatorcpa

10. janice&fred Jan 14, 2020

well we could both be right. I suppose one variable would be geographic location and whether watching the market online vs boots on the ground. I can confidently say watches such as the one the OP posted have risen in value in all the locales I usually hunt in...the south pacific, hong kong and the tri-state USA region. a few years ago I could have bought stuff like that for $100 complete with bracelet but those days are gone now. we can triple that price nowadays and I predict it's going to keep going up as more people get into collecting. these "start-up" watches have a lot of appeal especially if they are honest examples. even some hipster hodinkee types embrace the rough and tumble appeal of these things so the prices are surely going to rise.

Dimitris likes this.
  11. BDHD Jan 14, 2020

Thay pictures do not help much. But I think that the dial had some issues that you need to fix. I think, you could ask for 100 less for the watch

Dimitris likes this.
  12. Dimitris Jan 14, 2020

he said its in a very bad shape and if he tries to buff it it will get worse

13. Dan S Jan 14, 2020

Well, if it is in bad shape because of a lot of scratches, it can absolutely be restored with fine grades of sandpaper and polishing compound. There are many success stories on the forum, with incredible before and after photos. It makes no sense to say it will get worse. If there are internal cracks within the crystal, then polishing won't fix those cracks. It should be obvious to you from looking at the crystal if it is scratched or cracked, so you tell us.

Here is a thread I posted on the topic: https://omegaforums.net/threads/cry...al-benrus-type-i-content.102629/#post-1341363

14. Dimitris Jan 14, 2020

I will surely bargain for a lower price. Yes I know they are not the best quality and I didnt got a snap of the movement ..

15. Dimitris Jan 14, 2020

I will surely ask for the original acrylic and if he doesnt polish it I will take it to another watchmaker or make it on my own

16. Dimitris Jan 14, 2020

Wow I saw your polishing results looks fantastic

17. Dan S Jan 14, 2020

Thank you. It's easy to do, just takes a little patience. For that particular watch, it's not easy to find the correct domed crystal, so it was worth some effort to restore it.

Dimitris likes this.
  18. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jan 14, 2020

Some of you are second-guessing the owner's professional watchmaker, with hands-on experience, on an online forum? Seriously?

Tom

Dimitris and janice&fred like this.
  19. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jan 14, 2020

Is that not allowed? On an online forum?

20. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Jan 14, 2020

It shows poor judgement at the least. You never second-guess the man on the ground. You disrespect him.

Tom

Dimitris likes this.