Forums Latest Members

Arrivals, What Did You Buy Recently?(Watches)

1. Walrus May 18, 2019

Hello do people here sell parts for this I don’t think think I have privileges to buy or sell yet. It’s no big deal I think I saw a place selling the steel for these

2. Professor May 18, 2019

Perhaps someone can point the way to a seller who has such things.

3. axiale May 18, 2019

Kapka, PhotonX, Dan S and 5 others like this.
  4. Walrus May 18, 2019

Looks good on the dial if I may say. I’ll look around find something just looking at the differences in prices is a bit confusing. Ok I’ll take my lowly dynamic and stare at it for a while. Damn I almost caught the second hand dead on didn’t even notice

Professor likes this.
  5. Professor May 18, 2019

Does this help any.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mens-W...hash=item48649dce4e:m:m00tkF6iPgm18f31fwfzybwPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

Or are you missing the ring that locks the band to the case?

Looks like the metal bracelet's fitting doesn't require the ring.
    Could a substitute for the ring be made?

Edited May 18, 2019
    Walrus likes this.
  6. Walrus May 18, 2019

Ya missing the ring that locks the band into the case but it looks like the bracelet they have includes that. Maybe it’s shown at the bottom and is separate. Have you dealt with seller. My issue is some try to charge hundreds for a bracelet set up. Actually I saw one for a thousand. I only paid a couple hundred for the watch and I perfectly expected to put some money into it and don’t mind doing so but I don’t want to go cheap either. I know the dynamic is not much sought after or of great value but do you think the quality of that metal band will be ok. I mean you see people trying to sell these dynamics for 2,000 on eBay which you know is redicoulus I just like the unique style and the dial and hands on this one are nice. I greatly appreciate the link and will definitely follow up.

I guess for a time the dynamics were a top seller then died off quickly. Like I said I just find it funny and odd and it will be nice to have in the box. Thanks for your time much appreciated.

7. Walrus May 19, 2019

That’s a really nice look

8. Walrus May 19, 2019

Nice find I like to find the older ones that need a little help. It’s a challenge. Ya that one looks a little overboard but screw it see what you can do. I have two projects going now so far it is going ok. I found s good place that carry’s some vintage rolex, omega and some other nice pieces but the guys st the shop are bummed they aren’t moving. I pointed out a lot of them have issues. If you are trying to build up a shop known for some decent watches don’t buy painted dials. And I told them don’t put an invicta next to a nicer Swiss watch. Two really nice guys and it’s worth stopping buy as they are really trying. He has on oyster he is getting checked out. Of course no extra links no box etc. I want to go down when he has it out and see if he wants to make a trade for the Cellini I have. I just got to get the one he has checked out but he was telling was really gets happy whenhe gets a Cellini and I have a midsize gold Cellini that really is beautiful looking but it’s quartz I’d love to do something with it and a trade would be fine with me as if or when I sell it the proceeds are strictly for watch.

Edited May 19, 2019
  9. Yester5 May 19, 2019

ACF3BA6D-29F7-4CE5-BBD1-D98847B557B8.jpeg 7DB9508E-218F-4079-876B-C4347F72425B.jpeg C8D106E8-176C-41DF-95C5-A5CD735723EE.jpeg My first is on the way...a Seamaster has always been a grail to me, and the stars aligned yesterday:)
    Can’t wait to see it in the flesh

bikehomero, Kapka, jB1128 and 11 others like this.
  10. Paul_G May 19, 2019

Where are the guys your talking about located? The looks of this megasonic I think I can smarten up quite a lot, starting with a new glass.
    The big problem is I think it needs a new motor. But I love a challenge. Lol.

Swissmister likes this.
  11. Walrus May 19, 2019

well I’m in New England the problem I have is if I know more than them on certain things it’s not the best of positions because I am far from very knowledgeable myself but did pretty good with the 60’s seamaster. 375 out the door 180 to repair. Not a perfect specimen but all original and in good working order. I’m going down next week but I want to avoid a dumb and dumber situation. I’ll see if I can take some picks of the oyster if they have it out. It is fun hunting these things down it was actually a bit of a ride for me. PS sorry I made a big mess quoting myself I
    Was trying to post last night after a twelve hour shift and fell asleep while doing so.

Paul_G likes this.
  12. Paul_G May 19, 2019

I really love finding vintage Omegas for repairs. My knowledge at the moment is tiny. But I’m getting better haha. It’s kind of addictive. My Megasonic f720 is giving me a headache but i still love it.

Walrus likes this.
  13. me1969 May 19, 2019

Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me anything about this Breitling?
    The seller doesn't know the manufacture year or the model, only that it's a running Breitling.
    I bought it recently but it hasn't arrived yet so I don't have a serial number.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated and I'll update once I know more.
    Thank you Breitling.jpg Breitling1.jpg

14. Dan S May 19, 2019

Fake. The FHF movement (cal 96 probably) is widely used in fakes.

Edited May 19, 2019
    me1969 likes this.
  15. me1969 May 19, 2019

Can you expound on that? I have no idea what "FHF movement" means.
    Sorry, I'm pretty new to collecting and know nothing about Breitling or their movements.
    Thanks

16. Dan S May 19, 2019

FHF is the maker of the movement. Not used by Breitling. The watch is a total fake and you should cancel the sale if possible.

17. me1969 May 19, 2019

I will certainly try to cancel it.
    Where does it say it's an FHF movement? The only makers mark I see is Breitling.
    I will say I'm not surprised to hear it's a fake because when asked about a serial number the seller said there wasn't one anywhere on the watch.

18. Dan S May 19, 2019

The Breitling engraving on the movement is fake. The Breitling engraving on the back of the case is also obviously fake (you can even see where it was ground down around the engraving). The dial is fake.

Here is a picture of an FHF 96 movement, you can see they are the same: http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-db.cgi?10&ranfft&69&2uswk&FHF_96
    [​IMG]

19. me1969 May 19, 2019

Wow, I never noticed.
    Thank you! I am writing the seller as we speak.

20. me1969 May 19, 2019

You might find it interesting that while I've been waiting for a response to my request to cancel the order I've been looking at his recently sold items. Most are higher end watches "Breitling, Jaeger-LeCoultre, etc..." and they all have the same FHF movement.
    I find it impossible to believe the seller did not know it was a fake and just happened to coincidentally sell several watches with the same fake movement.
    The seller's name is "miced-49" and this is an item number for a current listing of his: 362654139772
    Beware.