Arrivals, What Did You Buy Recently?(Watches)

Posts
534
Likes
2,623
This came up in the mail today:

Though the effect is somewhat worse on the picture than in real life, this one has a tad more patina than the watches I usually go for. On the other hand, I found it a lot of charm, even despite the terrible pictures posted by its seller. Besides, with only €110 invested in it, I believe I have made much dumber purchases over the last few years alone.
Edited:
 
Posts
930
Likes
5,014
I always wanted to own a GMT for my many travels and I'm thrilled with my new Tudor Black Bay GMT Pepsi. I've had my eye on this watch for a long time and I finally pulled the trigger this morning. I love it.
 
Posts
551
Likes
3,927
Excited about my new watch, Daytona 6263 "Big Red" with sigma dial. It's nice when you can let go of a couple of watches you don't wear to get something new.
Edited:
 
Posts
1,723
Likes
5,347
I've only gone and bloomin' done it. I bought a Spacemaster Z33. This is a classic case of, admiring for years always hoping to meet somebody wearing one to get a proper look, but that of course never happened.

I finally took the plunge as prices feel like they have bottomed out, and with the safety of a 14 days return period, I just had to try it.

Took me some time to figure out settings as seller left it on wrong time and hands not synced either, bit trial and error I got there. First impressions, it's most definitely a beast, but it wears better than I expected as a slim wristed fellow(no doubt helped by having flat wrists). Gonna keep trying it on for now as I decide for sure, but I think I'm gonna keep it, so awesome. I love that 70s/80s futuristic scifi vibe, have always felt it belongs in an Alien movie.

Thoughts welcome, even if brutal(I know this watch gets a lot of hate😄).

[EDIT]Well, seems my excitement was short lived, there are no audible bleeps changing mode which I remember noticing it having on a video I watched. Just set the alarm, making sure it was on.....nothing.

Gutted, but I guess it will have to go back 😭
Edited:
 
Posts
993
Likes
5,763
Celebrated a modest milestone recently and decided to buy myself a present. Just unboxed a Squale Sub-37 Legend diver.

Posting first pictures and now need to spend some time getting to know the watch (and divers in general).
 
Posts
804
Likes
1,474
A semi-impulse purchase even though I was unfamiliar with the brand. The price just seemed too good to pass up, and having it in hand, the watch is really quite nice. It might have the clearest sapphire crystal of any in my collection. What surprised me, though, is a complete reversal of the typical situation: the listing made no mention of any service history, yet when I put it on the timegrapher, its accuracy is 0 sec/day in five positions and -2 sec/day crown right. Amplitude is 290° or more. Only the beat error of 0.6 ms is sub-optimal. It seems to me that the watch has definitely been serviced in its ~ 30-year life, probably fairly recently. I guess fortune smiles on us all at least occasionally.
 
Posts
170
Likes
586
Celebrated a modest milestone recently and decided to buy myself a present. Just unboxed a Squale Sub-37 Legend diver.

Posting first pictures and now need to spend some time getting to know the watch (and divers in general).
Man love the look of that. I’ve got one Squale and really like them.
 
Posts
170
Likes
586
Just purchased this Seiko Lord Marvel from the 60’s. I’ve gotten semi-obsessed with simple manual wind three handers from this period. Running great.


 
Posts
993
Likes
5,763
Man love the look of that. I’ve got one Squale and really like them.

Just purchased this Seiko Lord Marvel from the 60’s. I’ve gotten semi-obsessed with simple manual wind three handers from this period. Running great.



Thanks! I recently got semi-obsessed with divers and this was a good middle ground entry point.
 
Posts
13,522
Likes
23,461
I know these aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but I love them. Especially this one with no date and the moisture indicator.
I was passing Meadowhall which has the only Swatch store in Yorkshire so called in to see if they had this one available, and thankfully they’d just had a delivery.

 
Posts
993
Likes
5,763
I know these aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but I love them. Especially this one with no date and the moisture indicator.
I was passing Meadowhall which has the only Swatch store in Yorkshire so called in to see if they had this one available, and thankfully they’d just had a delivery.

That’s a good green. What they can do with the colors makes them fun.
 
Posts
930
Likes
5,014
Yesterday, I purchased this Bell & Ross BR-X5 Ice Blue Steel at my local AD. I'm really enjoying the light feel on my wrist paired with a two-piece rubber strap and deployant clasp. And, I'm loving the color. Thanks for looking.
 
Posts
993
Likes
5,763
Yesterday, I purchased this Bell & Ross BR-X5 Ice Blue Steel at my local AD. I'm really enjoying the light feel on my wrist paired with a two-piece rubber strap and deployant clasp. And, I'm loving the color. Thanks for looking.
I like the concept of the cockpit flight instrument case shape, but some of the traditional B&R cases are a bit blocky for me.

With this reference they have refined the lines but kept the concept in a nicely balanced way. I also like the dial layout and I'm fan of power reserve indicators if well integrated into the overall design which this does.

I just looked at their website. I think you hit the sweet spot between the black dial and the iridescent.
 
Posts
930
Likes
5,014
I like the concept of the cockpit flight instrument case shape, but some of the traditional B&R cases are a bit blocky for me.

With this reference they have refined the lines but kept the concept in a nicely balanced way. I also like the dial layout and I'm fan of power reserve indicators if well integrated into the overall design which this does.

I just looked at their website. I think you hit the sweet spot between the black dial and the iridescent.
Thank you, Felix.

I love all things aviation, so Bell & Ross caught my eye a few years ago. Like you, I thought they looked a bit too blocky. That changed when I stopped by my local AD and spotted the BR-X5 Ice Blue Steel.

I agree with you on the color choice. I tried on the black and iridescent models, but they didn't float my boat. I do like the straightforward dial layout and the elongated date wheel. The power reserve meter was a plus for me since none of my other watches have one. The case design and angles are really nice as well.

Interestingly, the BR-X5 movement (BR-CAL 323) is made by Kenissi in Le Locle, Switzerland, the same manufacturer that’s primarily (80%) owned by Tudor and where their movements are produced. However, I'm a bit surprised that for the price point, they do not use a silicon balance spring.

I recognize that I might be jumping on the "Tiffany" blue dial band-wagon (plenty of brands doing blue and cotton-candy/flamingo pink), but I’m hoping this Bell & Ross ages well and holds it's own in terms of its color and style.

With my slight detour this month buying the Bell & Ross and a Tudor GMT "Pepsi" I have my eyes set on the Omega Seamaster 300 (234.30.41.21.03.001.) It's such a classy and beautiful timepiece.

Thanks again for your response.
 
Posts
5,317
Likes
54,077
Bought a project Titoni Cosmo 88.
Will likely just be a money pit.
Biggest problem will be the dial.

 
Posts
1,723
Likes
5,347
Well, after having to return the previous faulty preowned one. I'm back with a Z-33, but this time it's a NOS all the way from Japan, and yes being brand new the beeper is indeed working!

I could not be happier, best current buy out there IMO.

Is it unapologeticly thick? Yes, do I care, not a jot. It's frickin awesome!

Edited: