Forums Latest Members

Arrivals, What Did You Buy Recently?(Watches)

1. Delbok Oct 12, 2015

2. adam78 Adam @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 12, 2015

A beauty, and that's the original crown!

3. khmt2 Oct 12, 2015

Dibs! ::love::

4. constellationM Oct 12, 2015

The transactions was finalized a few months ago. A long journey to Toronto from The Netherlands via Schaffhausen was finally completed when I collected these from my friend last night. It's fantastic what a good friend network can do!
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

5. CanberraOmega Rabbitohs and Whisky Supporter Oct 12, 2015

Love those arrowheads!

Lou P, George.A and constellationM like this.
  6. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 12, 2015

Not paid for yet but just arranged for a chop job on my wee pal Buzz, boy do I feel guilty but it does make sense as his naughty ways are active already at six months old :(

Forgive me son.
    IMG_2500.jpg

Mothra, adam78, citizenrich and 3 others like this.
  7. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 13, 2015

Hope you take him down the park for a late night off leash run about first @Alpha

Alpha likes this.
  8. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 13, 2015

Fcuking...A +

9. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 13, 2015

Is it normal to fall in love with...well, anything - just from pictures? Marilyn Monroe,,,maybe?

But, I love this dog even more

Alpha likes this.
  10. chunkythebulldog Oct 13, 2015

How can you do it to him? Chunkys just crossed his legs in horror

11. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Oct 13, 2015

In the '60s, it was Seiko proved to the world that Japan could produce top-class watches. In the '70s, another Japanese company made a similar statement, albeit in a different consumer electronics industry. I owned one of their legendary tuners for years, and have now been lured back into the fold...

[​IMG]

12. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 13, 2015

Nice rack. :)

If you've got the room, analogue is coming back in a big way. My ears aren't trained enough but most sound engineers (and, I deal with many of the best in the business) claim the "warm" sound of analogue (and ten thousand other + adjectives) can NEVER be replicated with digital. Not even open to discuss for these mostly men - it's a male dominated sub culture

One of our listening rooms (stage) is completely built around Myer analogue and we've won just about every award which exists for categories like "best sound" (in many cases - for the world).

Edited Oct 13, 2015
    Dr. Robotnik likes this.
  13. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Oct 13, 2015

Thanks. I am old enough to have started with LPs, and have enjoyed listening on good quality components. Much as I can appreciate the organic sound of analogue recordings and associated equipment, I am perfectly happy with well recorded CDs heard through good gear.

More than a few audiophiles wax poetic about the sound produced by '70s components over many years, but of course there was broad variation in the type and quality. I do prefer a warmer sound and good imaging, and am willing to give up some clinical detail. But from long experience I can say that system matching and the acoustics of the listening space are far more important than most realize, and so acquiring individual components can be a treacherous game. Your experience with Myer (look interesting!) undoubtedly buttresses the point.

Cheers,

Tony C.

citizenrich likes this.
  14. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 13, 2015

Not easy but as i've caught him a couple of times trying to have it away with old Sandy something has to be done :(

Admit i'm an old softy and the thought of taking him in for the op and leaving him for the day is not pleasant.

15. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Oct 13, 2015

Like I wrote - I've a bit of a tin ear but you're spot-on about space design and layout right down to textures.

Engineered flooring, ceilings and walls are a big thing. I've been in rooms which are built on silicone rollers. The entire room moves with the sound lol

Literally.

khmt2 and Tony C. like this.
  16. Skrotis Oct 13, 2015

On my way home on the train whit this one image.jpg

17. KCScott Oct 13, 2015

Just got this in from dougiedude. I bought it for my daughter and I'm sure she will love it. A very pretty little watch at a bargain price.

image.jpg

Moeris, citizenrich, Giff2577 and 3 others like this.
  18. Mad Cow Oct 13, 2015

I saw this Rothco strap, and thought to get one for protect my Speedy or other watch. :thumbsup:

It fits tight, my wrist is big. :confused:
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

Mad Dog likes this.
  19. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Oct 13, 2015

That's a nice one!

What is it? Is it reasonably sized (<42mm IMO ;))?

20. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Oct 13, 2015

Just won this one on the 'bay.

A bit of a 'crap-shoot', as this was the only pic:

s-l1600.jpg