Arrivals, What Did You Buy Recently?(Watches)

Posts
433
Likes
1,061
Just got my first 6309-7040 Turtle. I always stayed away because of the size but, honestly, it wears pretty well on my 6.75 wrist. Wears easier (less top heavy) than the SKX007. All around fun and honest watch. 1977.
 
Posts
551
Likes
3,926
I just bought this Orient Kamasu to splash around. It's not arrived yet. Does anyone own lone like it and can do a quick review?
 
Posts
533
Likes
2,620
Not a watch, but a cockpit clock. A Lemania calibre 7510, that I promptly mounted on a 3D-printed stand.
 
Posts
551
Likes
3,926
Come to think of it, I never see Orient threads here. I鈥檝e had two. Both are bullet proof and this new one has a highly regarded in house moment. They are solid watches for short money. I did my own short review.
 
Posts
3,270
Likes
23,524
I just bought this Orient Kamasu to splash around. It's not arrived yet. Does anyone own lone like it and can do a quick review?
I have one. Changed the metal band to a nylon strap. I don鈥檛 wear it as much as I used to. @noelekal has one also.
 
Posts
7,088
Likes
56,892
I do indeed!



And, I attribute it to your influence Aroxx!
 
Posts
551
Likes
3,926
I have one. Changed the metal band to a nylon strap. I don鈥檛 wear it as much as I used to. @noelekal has one also.
I take it you are happy with yours. I want actually do some diving with it.

Both of you.
 
Posts
7,088
Likes
56,892
I just bought this Orient Kamasu to splash around. It's not arrived yet. Does anyone own lone like it and can do a quick review?
I've owned the same watch for around four years. I like it quite a lot. It is the first watch I have owned that possesses pleasingly bright lume. The lume is adequately long lasting into the late hours of the night. The blue dial offers a pinwheeling sunburst effect. It is said that the basic black dial Kamasu variant comes sans sunburst. The blue dial can appear as black depending on the location of the light source.

My Kamasu''s timekeeping accuracy could be considered reasonable, by my definition of reasonable which most watch mavens would consider as abysmal. The watch has always lost around 25 seconds per day since new, or adequate for my purposes, which are less exacting than most.

I cannot attest to the Kamasu's waterproof capacity for I never wet watches, not even the divers.

Back at the time I purchased mine, I read a review that took the design to task for having a small crown that made setting the watch difficult. I have fairly large fingers, but have not found it to be so, even while I harbor a loathing for watches with date features and especially a day feature. I have never consulted a watch to ascertain the day or date, and do not wish to be bothered with the fiddly-ness of it all. I am OCD enough though to feel compelled to properly set these features if I choose one of the few watches I own which have them.

I simply cannot be bothered with dithering over watches which offer anything as accurate as a minute per day. One minute per day for a serviced vintage watch means it is suitable for wear for a day. Anything under 30 seconds per day receives my designation as road trip grade watches. You know, extended weekends and such like. I have highly accurate mechanical watches. Those are awarded as designated international travel grade watches, or trips lasting more than 10 days.

Highly scientific watch performance grading I realize, but there it is.
 
Posts
551
Likes
3,926
That鈥檚 very helpful info. I鈥檓 also not too demanding re a few seconds per day time keeping. Did you ever try to adjust the regulator?
 
Posts
7,088
Likes
56,892
Hah!

Moi?

No. I don't prowl about under the hoods of my watches. I could be interested in doing such things, but don't trust myself with the inwardness of a watch case. I am not terrifically mechanical by nature. I can look at a job to see how it is to be accomplished and throw wrenches in vexation over the thought of beginning the task at hand.
 
Posts
5,317
Likes
54,076
I don't know why they aren't more popular, they have a style all their own.

 
Posts
47
Likes
165
Top! Elle est magnigique 馃榾
All original, that's important for me even if it is not perfect.

Sorry for the French, I get lost sometimes with the automotic translation.