Forums Latest Members

Anyone order new Speedy on a Nylon Strap

1. GannyBall Mar 24, 2021

Are you happy to confirm how much you paid for them please ?

WatchAutist likes this.
  2. Unfamiliar_Moon Mar 24, 2021

Only solution I have found to that is to add a keeper from a spare strap. I actually found a small black rubber band that is a perfect match and use that. Keeps it nicely tucked together. And is actually more comfortable, too.

3. s2000_driver Mar 24, 2021

You may want to try the short length strap and the short length clasp (Part # 94521643). The short clasp is not as curved as the regular one and is a lot more comfortable on smaller wrists.

Bond1 likes this.
  4. Unfamiliar_Moon Mar 24, 2021

Important to note that the short clasp does not actually shorten the circumference of the strap while worn. it's just less metal and hits at a different angle. so it did not solve my issue of the tightest adjustment hole not being tight enough overall. also remember to try and swap the 12/6 sides of the strap, sometimes "upside down" rests differently on the curvature of your asymmetrical forearm and may be more comfortable.

one of those things that's nice to be able to try out at a boutique to get the perfect fit without having to buy all variations and try to resell what you don't need.

sunny20874 and s2000_driver like this.
  5. s2000_driver Mar 24, 2021

To add to this, while the short clasp does not help with shortening the size of the strap in the "closed" position, it does reduce the circumference in the "open" position, due to the metal fold-over part being shorter. This means some folks may find it a little snug while putting the watch on or taking it off depending on the size and shape of their hands.

For those interested in the ceramic FCs for DSOM watches, the short clasp is even better than the SS clasps. The curvature is minimal and offers great comfort for smaller or rounded wrists. Short ceramic FC part number is 0025CTZ003892 vs regular ceramic FC part number 0025CTZ002303.

I totally agree that this is something we should be able to try on in the stores. They should have "demo" clasps and straps on hand so we can find the best fit.

6. Mischaja Jun 8, 2021

You can buy yourself a very nice nylon strap with leather on the inside for ony 13 euro at Ali. The original will cost you 250/300 euro for the strap only. Thats 23 straps for the Ali model that you can replace every now and then. I like it more then the original strap. This is because I do not like the thickness of the strap on the side of the case, and this strap does not have that and is slim.

What I dont like is that the clasp has springs. This clasp is very expensive. The springs are for the buttons to give pressure when you push to open the clasp. You cannot re-order these springs at Omega. So when you open the clasp and the springs fall out, these are so tiny you will never find them back. This will result in that you have to order a new one. That has happend to me.

I investigated online and found some springs at ali also. The OD is 1 mm. The lenght is 6/7 mm.

What also sucks is that Omega descided to AR coat the inside and outside of the glass. The outer coating scratches very easy. Rolex only coates the inside of the glass so you will not have scratches on the outer glass. I have had several Rolex watches and never scratched the sapphire glass. This Omega glass AR coating scratches very easy.
    you can see these sratches when you look in to the reflection of sunlight. You will not see these without full sunlight reflection. These are little scratches and probably some people dont care but it is just idiotic that this can happen with a 12k watch. You buy the ceramic version so it does not scratch, but now the AR coating does.

I think I will never buy another Omega again. Nice watches but surely not on par with Rolex. My DSOTM model has whitegold lumes that are hand mounted but are not 100% straight mounted on the dial. Shame. They also made the stupid decision to release 20 different models of this ceramic version so market prices of second hand begin at 5k plus. Nice to offer your customer lots of choice but this degrades the market value of second hand models. They should have made only the first model and limited the production. Missed opportunity because the watch itself is very nice. This could have been an opportunity to compete with the Daytona. But market value is also very important. Thats a 50% write-off. My Rolex Explorer from 2018 is worth allot more today.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Edited Jun 8, 2021
  7. filmluvr88 Jun 13, 2021

Can anyone who ordered it on a small Omega OEM nylon strap give any updates on the comfort, especially in everyday settings (I plan to wear in the office)? I'm excited to join the Speedy family (sapphire sandwich 3861 on bracelet) family soon and my boutique is ordering me a small nylon along with the purchase. I tried the Hesalite version w/ nylon strap at the boutique and my initial impressions was how comfortable and light it felt!

8. kcgunner Jun 13, 2021

I'm curious too what these go for by themselves. Thanks

WatchAutist likes this.
  9. GoBlueJedi Jun 14, 2021

When you get yours, could you please let us know what the lengths are for each half? I bought my hesalite 3861 on the fabric strap, knowing that I would order the sapphire version of the bracelet. I was surprised how much I like the fabric strap, but i have relatively skinny wrists. I'm curious how the small version compares. Thanks.

10. WatchAutist Jun 30, 2021

Sorry for the slow reply.

it was $600 AUD for the strap and deployant, I believe $300 AUD each separately.

It’s a very high quality strap though, I tried a few after markets first, not great. No ragrets

11. shon Jul 1, 2021

I have been waiting for my Apollo 8. Can I walk in to an OB and order the strap / clasp you’ve posted? How much? Much prefer this look.

12. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Jul 1, 2021

I'm wearing mine as I type. I never thought I'd be wearing my Speedy on anything other than an OEM bracelet or custom leather strap but this nylon strap and deployant is the most comfortable strap I've ever worn ;)

13. s2000_driver Jul 1, 2021

Yes, you can order the Cordura strap from the original Dark Side and the Black Black versions along with the ceramic clasp. Your OB may even have them in stock. The strap is $250 and clasp is $420 in the US. You have the option of short and regular lengths on both the strap and clasp. I think there is even a long version of the strap. This in my view is the best combination. Good luck!

14. cappyab Jul 2, 2021

I tried on the hesalite with nylon and found it very stiff. The sides were not conforming to the shape of my wrist (just under 7”). How long does it take to break in? If it softens and hugs the entire wrist to the lugs, then great. I’d get it from a boutique when I get the sapphire model. But I just can’t get past the cost of the deployant! Hello eBay.

15. AviF Nov 10, 2021

Can someone please confirm the retail price of the deployant alone and the price with the nylon strap for the new 3861? Many thanks!

16. AviF Nov 10, 2021

Woops- I missed the post that clearly states the price!

17. kcgunner Nov 10, 2021

Yeah it’s $250 for each. But plan on a wait. Took me 10 weeks.

18. AviF Nov 10, 2021

$420 is the ceramic clasp... what does the stainless steel clasp cost please?

19. AviF Nov 10, 2021

Can you tell us the price of each please?

20. AviF Nov 10, 2021

I can't do that now as I will be back overseas... I see Authentic watches has it for $500! Just the clasp. 100% markup- who do they think they are?! $250 is expensive but somewhat reasonable, $500 is insane. Looks like using the fake ones for a while...