Any info appreciated

It's been a few years since I went through the polishing training with Rolex, but at that time there weren't any special machines involved. Just a variable speed polishing motor (a Ray Foster was their preferred brand), various buffs (Artifex, hard felt, unstitched cotton, and Bufflex for satin finishing), and Rolex does use Menzerna compounds that are specifically formulated for them, but those are commercially available as well.

There are some specific fixtures for very specific tasks, for example refinishing of Yacht Master bezels, but not for cases generally. The case work was all done by hand.
Interesting. I'll have to ask him some day about what their machines and fixtures do. It seemed a big deal compared to what they already had.

I do respect other people wanting something different, even if I don't agree with it or understand it. But my number one concern is that people don't feel forced to do things with their own property contrary to their desires because some collector cares about the value of a watch he'll never own.

If you do respect it, then let people say what they have to say. Even if it is an heirloom, and the owner has no intention of selling it, having the knowledge that refinishing the case can affect value is good information, is it not? Then they can make up their own mind.

If you do respect it, then let people say what they have to say. Even if it is an heirloom, and the owner has no intention of selling it, having the knowledge that refinishing the case can affect value is good information, is it not? Then they can make up their own mind.
I have no objection to people saying what they want to say... except when they complain about what I want to say.