Forums Latest Members
  1. Scott_Gla Apr 19, 2018

Hullo Omega Forum,

I have here my late father's dress watch. Hoping someone can shed some light on it as i don't immediately see (or am not looking in the right places) examples of one being sold with a price tag attached to it. Unfortunately i don't have the original box or papers. I don't have a tool to take the case backing off, do Jewelers get shirty about doing that for you just to have a look?

As it wasn't his main watch i would very much doubt it has been serviced recently (if at all). I have been wearing it the last couple of days and it seems to still be keeping accurate time.

I'm in two minds about selling it as i quite like it... although it may well cover the cost of getting my Rolex getting serviced which has been sitting in a box for a while after starting to make crunchy noises every now and again. That does feel like a backwards thing to do however.

Excuse my vintage Omega newby-ness, hopefully someone can shed some light on approx age/value/condition. [​IMG][/url][/IMG]

omega window.jpeg omega close2.jpeg omega close.jpeg omega side .jpeg omega back.jpeg omega clasp.jpeg
    khmt2 and STANDY like this.
  2. Lucasssssss Apr 19, 2018

Edited Apr 19, 2018
    Edward53 likes this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 19, 2018

If your thinking of selling a probably never serviced Omega that's keeping good time it to get your crunchy Rolex fixed :eek:

I'm not helping you.;)

Peemacgee, NOTSHARP and efauser like this.
  4. Scott_Gla Apr 19, 2018

Ha, knew i shouldn't have mentioned the rolex... although the debate is my watch from my 21st birthday vs a watch he would wear on an odd night out. Thanks for the link Lucas.

5. Anj Apr 19, 2018

I have the same one I got for $500cad I bought locally which I thought was a steal. They started making these types of C-cases in the 60's, you have to check the serial when you open the caseback to have a go at the age. I'd say it's 50 years old. Condition is not too bad, replace the glass and she'll look brand new. If you want a price, which a lot of people don't really like giving around here - I'd say you could fetch 700-800usd on Ebay.

Little known fact, is that these C-cases and a specific pie pan was designed by Gerald Genta... known for designs such as AP Royal Oak.

I personally wouldn't sell it if it has intrinsic value, but whatever floats your goat!

Edited Apr 19, 2018
  6. Scott_Gla Apr 19, 2018

Thanks Anj, that is a great help. The glass you wouldn't actually notice unless close up or zoomed in under the right light like that first photo. That gives me a good, rough idea though thank you.