Forums Latest Members
  1. Miguelb Oct 12, 2016

Hi there. My wife just inherited this Omega watch. All I know is that it's 18k gold and that the serial number dates it around 1970. It seems to work fine.
    Any information regarding a model name and approx value, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.

im1.JPG im2.JPG im3.JPG im4.JPG im5.JPG im6.JPG im7.JPG im8.JPG im9.JPG
  2. Davidt Oct 12, 2016

Value will almost certain be around the scrap oeice for the gold. There's very little demand for these vintage ladies models.

3. Edward53 Oct 12, 2016

+1. Similar watches are being melted down every day. Which is a great shame, because this one (and this is just my opinion) is a really nice example of its type on a very attractive bracelet, which is also a perfect match colour-wise. Someone has obviously cared for it and looked after it well down the years. I hope your wife likes it enough to save it from the melting pot and wear it sometimes, even if just on formal occasions and evenings out. Add: The serial number puts it around 1958.

Vitezi likes this.
  4. tyrantlizardrex Oct 12, 2016

Hey Miguel,

As David and Edward have said, it's sadly worth the most for it's melt value.

As far as exact model... the case number pulls up nothing on the Omega Vintage Search... but it looks like a model from the Saphette line.

You can read a little about it here: http://www.omegamuseum.com/lost-lines

Cheers

Chris

5. Edward53 Oct 14, 2016

Well that seems to be the end of that. Another hit and run merchant.