Am I the only one who can't find all the plastic coatings on their new watches....

case in point -- realized today there was a tiny piece of plastic coating sticking out from the clasp on the Tissot PRX Chronograph I bought ... all the way back in January! I've worn it off and on for months, and there was still plastic I missed -- found a couple more pieces on the clasp. Maybe they should go to colored plastic to make it easier to see!

Also realized I still had a casebook sticker on a month-old Seiko the other day.

I think I pulled a piece of protective plastic off the handle of a six year old microwave.

I think I pulled a piece of protective plastic off the handle of a six year old microwave.
That’s a really good feeling. I still have the plastic on my 10 year old alarm clock and my wife keeps begging me to let her take it off.

Totally true story...

we bought our house almost two years ago, it was built in 1985 and completely renovated in 2017.
All the appliances still had their protective films on them when we arrived and moved in -- it was an absolutely glory-filled 20 minutes removing them all as a metaphor for the sheer level of debt we had just incurred.

I don’t know what a new watch looks like.

Bro... I got a basically new Explorer with your name on it.

Totally true story...

we bought our house almost two years ago, it was built in 1985 and completely renovated in 2017.
All the appliances still had their protective films on them when we arrived and moved in -- it was an absolutely glory-filled 20 minutes removing them all as a metaphor for the sheer level of debt we had just incurred.
I don't understand the "save it for the next owner" mentality.

Agreed but it was a pleasant experience nonetheless and definitely took the smallest edge off how much "over" we had paid.

This was a popular look for certain ethnic groups back in the 50's and 60's to 'protect the investment'.

Also back in the 50's and 60's it was popular in the US to keep the Monroney sticker (the required MSRP label) on the window so your neighbors knew you had a new car.

In terms of my alarm clock I didn’t notice there was a protective film on it until it started bubbling a little at the edges a few years ago. Then it was just sheer laziness, now it’s a matter of humor as it drives my wife nuts. She’s gonna take it off one day when I’m at work and leave it on my pillow.

Darn! Now I know why the floor is so dirty. CB0B0E97-280A-4216-9E49-F473DE742E60.jpeg

At least the toilet seat and floor aren't carpeted.

When I was living in some of the poorer parts of Asia, it was all the rage to keep the plastic protective film with the logo on the lenses of sunglasses. Couldn't see shite out of them, but everyone could see how cool you were....

Pretty sure I missed one on my last new watch bracelet for a few weeks. If you’re a Rolex owner you leave them all on, plus some, to protect your investment.

Pretty sure I missed one on my last new watch bracelet for a few weeks. If you’re a Rolex owner you leave them all on, plus some, to protect your investment.
Yummy brownish-green sticker…mmmm

Darn! Now I know why the floor is so dirty. CB0B0E97-280A-4216-9E49-F473DE742E60.jpeg

I've seen splash backs in kitchens but toilets 😁

fυck that, I wear the outer/inner boxes with watch inside all that, on my wrist... major flex -and- protects my investment.

Somebody should sell plastic sticker protection stickers.

Post that on the Rolex Forums and there'll be a Kickstarter by tomorrow I'd bet.

It has already been Kickstarted and Kickfinished. This is what I was alluding to above. Plenty of options out there.
Screen Shot 2023-04-03 at 9.00.21 PM.png