50th Birthday Gift Recommendation

"Classy" might not be the exact word for what I'm trying to convey. English isn't my first language. As you said, refined might be the better word!

Try it on, see how it feels. After all, it might be completely off on your wrist!

Screenshot_20230605_191225_Brave.jpg

...and here we are today, with no adjustments from then to now...

20230605_190829.jpg

Not an 8912 from the current gen-- but the 8400 from the prior gen isn't much different. It's wildly accurate- typically within -1/+2 sec. This 8400 is from 2017 and has not been serviced.

Don't feel the need to worry about "the best new tech." The coaxial movements are.

Appreciate the reply. At first, I thought I wanted the Super Racing because of the new technology used in the movement. While I do have interest in it still, I'm leaning hard toward the Heritage. "Classy" wasn't the first word that came to my mind when I saw it, but it fits. It feels more refined. There's a local jeweler that has one that I'm going to check out this week to get an in-person feel for it.

January is my 50th as well…the 14th to be precise. Y’all have just pushed me over the edge with some of these suggestions, ya damned enablers!

Give it a few days and you’ll see my suggestion on WRUW thread…

Personally, I think the Seamaster Planet Ocean 43.5mm is the right watch as a birthday gift. If it is the right wrist size to the person you are gifting it to.

January is my 50th as well…the 14th to be precise. Y’all have just pushed me over the edge with some of these suggestions, ya damned enablers!

Give it a few days and you’ll see my suggestion on WRUW thread…
Mine is the 10th. I'm just loving this Heritage.

Personally, I think the Seamaster Planet Ocean 43.5mm is the right watch as a birthday gift. If it is the right wrist size to the person you are gifting it to.
Thanks. I've got one in that exact size already. It's great!

edit: misread the original post

Given your collection already and if another Omega my vote would be the AT Worldtimer - especially since you’re not afraid of big watches.
I personally would always look at IWC, Blancpain, JLC and neo-vintage Rolex (five digit Sea Dweller? 36mm Explorer?)

___________\\\
For a special occasion and special watch my vote always goes to the Speedmaster Professional - maybe even a neo vintage or vintage model.
Omega obviously has many great choices, so you can’t go wrong. For the dive watches I personally land on older Rolex or Blancpain. Sorry.
The heritage of the Speedy is hard to beat. Hesalite of course, closed back. Great watch for day to day use. Doesn’t wear big really. I’d stay clear of the assorted variations that are bigger and busier.
Edited:

For a special occasion and special watch my vote always goes to the Speedmaster Professional - maybe even a neo vintage or vintage model.
Omega obviously has many great choices, so you can’t go wrong. For the dive watches I personally land on older Rolex or Blancpain. Sorry.
The heritage of the Speedy is hard to beat. Hesalite of course, closed back. Great watch for day to day use. Doesn’t wear big really. I’d stay clear of the assorted variations that are bigger and busier.
Thanks for that. I've got a 3861 hesalite moonwatch. Wearing it today. :)

Thanks for that. I've got a 3861 hesalite moonwatch. Wearing it today. :)

yup. I edited my post. Completely misread your question.

That moment when you realize that 50th B-day you thought was so far away is in just over 3 years...

That moment when you realize that 50th B-day you thought was so far away is in just over 3 years...
It sneaks up on you fast. :D

Thanks. I've got one in that exact size already. It's great!
Oh that's great. You have a good taste when choosing your watch.

If you can go a bit bigger at 42mm I highly recommend the Black ceramic Seamaster on black rubber. I absolutely love mine. The combo of ceramic, titanium, and rubber is such a cool choice of materials and the laser cut dial is beautiful in person.

I took the plunge and this beauty just showed up on my doorstep. I could not be happier. It's gorgeous! I got it for $5800 OTD which I think is a great deal given the increases this week.

I took the plunge and this beauty just showed up on my doorstep. I could not be happier. It's gorgeous! I got it for $5800 OTD which I think is a great deal given the increases this week.

Congrats and great choice!

Happy 50th, great choice! Looking forward to seeing it in the "Show us your Seamaster" thread!

Congratulations-

Happy 50th, great choice! Looking forward to seeing it in the "Show us your Seamaster" thread!

Congratulations-
Appreciate it. I'm 6mths early, but didn't want to pay the increase in price. Nor could I stand the wait any longer. :D