Forums Latest Members
  1. romulus8 Apr 8, 2020

I recently bought a Silver Omega Seamaster Deville that runs great, but I didn't inspect the photos close enough and the dial is a little dinged up, so I want to make sure I am doing better due diligence on the pieces I buy. That said, the movement was recently serviced and as soon as I can get a new strap that fits I am really excited to wear it. Bought it for $400.00. The seller used valuemystuff.com to have it appraised at aroud ~$1000. The appraisal below along with some pictures from the seller:

Case: 34/35 mm (you mention 1 inch which is 25 mm which is too small for this watch) diameter, two body, polished and brushed stainless steel, inclined bezel, straight lapidated lugs, case back with embossed Seamaster logo and the words, "Water Proof". The interior of the back cover has the logo of the Omega watch co., made in Switzerland, ref. 14765-2SC and Stainless steel in French.
    Dial: Satine silvered dial with applied silvered steel faceted baton hours, each appears to have a luminous dot (not certain), open short bar minutes/seconds track, luminous steel pointy baton hands and a sweep seconds pointer. The dial is marked, "Omega (with horseshoe), Automatic, Sea Master, De Ville, and Swiss Made".
    Movement: Omega Cal 550, coppercolored, automatic, sweep seconds, 17 jewel, straight line lever escapement, monometallic balance, shock absorber, selfcompensating fat balance spring, vibrating @19800 bph with a power reserve of 50 hours. This movement was made by Omega between 1958 and 1969 in a volume of just over 5.5 million movements. Dial, case and movement triple signed.
    Condition: From the client - "The dent in the Appraisal Certificate Note: All content within subject to Terms & Conditions. 1 case is from the last person using a screw that was too long and it dented the dial from underneath. I can't correct that. It is in decent condition, but is not new of the shelf, it has some rust issues. It has seen a bit of action during its life. This watch has been "worked on" at least 3 times in the past. As I see it the dial is in very good condition. The case is good to very good and the movement is clean and in excellent, original, genuine and functional condition.

IMG_1988.png IMG_1989 2.png IMG_1990.png IMG_1986 2.png IMG_1965.PNG IMG_1966.PNG

I am not concerned with any sort of resale value since I got this watch to wear, but what do you all think of the price paid for a watch like this? Any parts look like they aren't original?

(Updated some photos, kept the ones of the movement and inside caseback because I think those are fine).

Edited Apr 8, 2020
  2. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Apr 8, 2020

Welcome to the forum! I went to valuemystuff.com, and determined that the photos of the dial are worth less than $0.01 ;) Can you provide better pics?

Passover and Dan S like this.
  3. Dan S Apr 8, 2020

Post some better photos of the dial. Almost all of your photos are focused on the t-shirt underneath instead of the watch. Use good natural lighting. Keep practicing until you can take good photos. Just delete the crappy ones, no need to post them. And crop out all of the excess, we only need to see the watch.

kkt, Passover and DaveK like this.
  4. Passover Apr 8, 2020

As already mentioned better pictures are needed.

One thing is already clear: the crown is neither original nor a correct replacement part

5. romulus8 Apr 8, 2020

Photos have been updated.