Forums Latest Members
  1. svey Feb 19, 2020

Hey all,

Recently pulled the trigger on a 1960 Seamater 562 cal, the listing said 1961 but the Omega Watch Data Base said 1960. I got it for $330. The dial looks original and un-restored, the photo is a bit too grainy to see if it's factory glass, the crown photo is also blurry but I think it's safe to assume it's not original since I see no stamp, and it's my understanding that omega stamped all there watch crowns circa 1950 and on.

Either way I'm happy with it, I love the un-restored dial. I'm curious to about the hands and if they are original and and if you think this was good purchase, or if I got duped... Either way I'm wearing it! Also, if you know where I can get an original crown I would love to source one if not I'll ask the shop when I get it serviced
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Edited Feb 19, 2020
    river9 likes this.
  2. hoipolloi Vintage Omega Connoisseur Feb 19, 2020

Well, If you like it, enjoy it.
    Hope you like mine, too.

IMG_20200219_170834__01.jpg

3. river9 Feb 19, 2020

I suspect you are joking on "special vintage" dials.
    If so I appreciate it :cool:

svey likes this.
  4. river9 Feb 19, 2020

I like 4 things in your purchase
    - Price 300$
    - Cal 562 movement
    - Sharp seamaster medallion on case back
    - 60ish would finally be my "birthyear watch"
    Kind regrads

svey likes this.
  5. Dan S Feb 19, 2020

You bought a nice movement, case, and case-back for about $300, which isn't terrible.

svey and Radiozoop like this.
  6. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Feb 19, 2020

If you like it great, but I doubt anyone here would have recommended it.

svey likes this.
  7. Radiozoop Feb 19, 2020

One of my favorite YouTubers said something about dials like these (paraphrasing):

“This dial is telling a story, but it doesn’t have a happy ending.”

Although pursuits may disagree with me, some patina is too far gone. While I don’t necessarily think you over paid, I’d get a correct dial ASAP and replace it. After all, will you enjoy the watch with the dial looking like that? I can answer for myself but only you can make that choice!

svey likes this.
  8. svey Feb 20, 2020

Thanks, I appreciate all the feedback. It sounds like I could have done better especially with the dial, and for a bit less money too. But I'm ok with that! This is my first vintage watch and I wanted something iconic and affordable. I guess being naive my appetite for patina coupled with my expectation of how a vintage watch should look might be a bit misguided. I wish I would have found you guys sooner, but I'm still stoked. I'll find an appropriate channel and get some high quality pics... Maybe then we'll all be able to make out OMEGA! ;)

chipsotoole and timecube like this.
  9. Radiozoop Feb 20, 2020

Hey buddy, if your appetite for vintage means you want the watch to look like it does then it's none of our business to tell you what to like, or even what is right or wrong. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! :) I know you took our criticisms well and I'm not commenting about your response, I just wanted to clarify that. With this being said, if you ever have questions, post up and we will give your our honest advice!

Welcome to OF!

10. BrianPankow Feb 21, 2020

11. BrianPankow Feb 21, 2020

I saw this and bid early on. I love the patina!

svey likes this.
  12. wagudc Feb 21, 2020

I like it. Given my druthers I would go for a less patinad dial, but it's got character. The price was fair in my opinion.

svey likes this.