Forums Latest Members
  1. chipsotoole Sep 13, 2018

Hello all,
    I may have a line on this beauty. Source is from an unexpected online direction. Seller says crown is loose (not original?) and is selling at a suspiciously low price ( he's open to offers too). Although It probably won't pan out and would mean quite a bit of cross country travel if he's genuine.... Anybody see any general alarm bells with this one?
    seam1.jpg seam2.jpg seam3.jpg seam4.jpg

2. Civic4982 Sep 13, 2018

For anything with a suspiciously low price I recommend a copy and paste of a few words that appear to be describing the watch uniquely and put quotes around that and search on google.

My request from any of these sellers is a photo with piece of paper hand written with today’s date, their email and name, and maybe the forum where I ran into them. At least then I can figure I’d they have it.

After that for a really good deal it may be worth a plane ticket cross country.

3. Civic4982 Sep 13, 2018

Or you can google search the image to see if the stole it from another ad.

4. Peemacgee Purrrr-veyor of luxury cat box loungers Sep 13, 2018

This style of dial is far from common -so here are a couple of images of my 2-register 320 with coffin-marker dial.
    (They’re HD so you should be able to see the numbers quite well)
    Not a Seamaster 321 but should be a good reference point for you.
    The photos aren’t good enough to be sure if the 321 is correct.
    Something up with the 3 index?
    FAE4702D-CA02-43A1-BF1F-3619F3721571.jpeg
    C9275446-7F88-4571-98BD-FEBF851D361A.jpeg

5. cristos71 Sep 13, 2018

The hands look short to me, minute hand is not reaching the outside of the minute track and the chrono seconds hand isn't reaching the outside of the tachy scale

airansun and Peemacgee like this.
  6. w154 Sep 13, 2018

There are quite a few German members here who have various cities covered and might be able to help if it’s a long drive.

7. Lonestar insert Schwartz joke HERE Sep 13, 2018

Unfortunetely, with most watch pics, this technique doesn't work... In most cases Google reverse search can't make the difference between a 3-subdial watch and another 3-subdial watch :(

BenBagbag likes this.
  8. Davidt Sep 13, 2018

The hands, pushers and crown may be suspect but the case and dial look good.

The movement looks towards the later end of what I would expect to see but may be correct. I'd be looking up some other examples of this ref to check serial range.

airansun likes this.
  9. kyle L Grasshopper Staff Member Sep 13, 2018

A friend recently asked me about the watch and it appears to already have a new crystal and a strap, so I would do some research on the seller...

10. cristos71 Sep 13, 2018

I've been asked about this one with other pictures too....there's something fishy going on somewhere...:cautious:

11. Fatcat Sep 13, 2018

120 Chf a full service in 86 what increase since then :))))))

12. perks713 Sep 13, 2018

I'd ask for a proof of life video, maybe the watch running and today's news paper (as if anyone still get those) underneath ;)

connieseamaster likes this.
  13. chipsotoole Sep 13, 2018

Yup fishiness abounds... here is the email I got by return:

Mein Name ist Silvia XXXXXXX aus Turin, Italien. Ich besaß und arbeitete 3 Jahre in einem Tatoo-Laden in Deutschland. Ich muss dir sagen, dass du nicht mehr dort lebst; Ich bin zurück nach Italien gezogen, um näher bei meiner Familie zu sein.

Die Uhr ist hier in Italien. Ich hoffe, dass dies Ihre Kaufentscheidung nicht beeinflusst. Es ist in perfektem Zustand und funktioniert perfekt. Wenn Sie noch interessiert sind, sagen Sie mir einfach, wo Sie geliefert werden möchten, damit ich die Versandkosten berechnen kann (Gebühren und Versicherung sind im Preis inbegriffen).

MfG,
    Silvia X_________

...this item was posted on quoka.de a German online market site. The item was allegedly in North Frankfurt city. This fella Silvia D (I won't reveal his last name on the very slim chance he's a) actually being honest or possibly more likely b) Serious Mafia who might take it as a personal slight to have his name posted online.
    If any of you should come across wares from a Silvia D and want to check the last name pm me. The message outlines :

He was a tattoo shop owner in Frankfurt for three years until he recently moved back to Turin in Italy to be close to his family ( :Dawwwww). He hopes this doesn't affect my intention to buy :):screwloose:: !!!) and I should give him my exact address so he can calculate the postage and insurance.....

Thanks to @Christos for the early pm with a timely warning on the movement number. and also to you others for moving me up to Defcon 2.5
    I'd have never bought the watch anyway without actually seeing it in person...and after this message I doubt I'd have even gone for a meet..People get mugged in broad daylight too.

As the desk sergeant in Hill Street Blues used to say : " Let's be very careful out there! "

chronoboy64 and Biezmez like this.
  14. auxpomme Sep 13, 2018

Ugh.

15. Ko1892 Sep 15, 2018

Hi guys
    Just want to update on this watch. I was also talking to a seller on purchasing the exact same watch... so after I saw this post I contacted @chipsotoole and then contactd my seller and asked about it. He told me to send him some pictures from Silvia...turned out that the pictures are from the previous seller that he bought the watch from (more than 6 months ago)...I also got some clips with my seller holding the watch in his hand...so be careful guy :thumbsup:
    cheers
    KO

16. chipsotoole Sep 15, 2018

Great stuff KO !! .. thanks for the PM....Next time you're in Soi Ari..Have a Khao Moo Daeng for me...Miss that eatery so much!!!

Ko1892 likes this.