Forums Latest Members
  1. Pjm39 Oct 22, 2019

Good afternoon all, first post please excuse any faux pas I make.

I just purchased a pretty beat up looking Omega at a yard sale while up in Massachusetts on leave, the seller got it from an estate sale and didn’t know any info about it.

the watch winds with the crown and will run however the crown doesn’t seem to be engaging anything other than the winding mechanism. I can’t change the time, day, or date. The chapter ring is totally loose and rotates freely. Not sure if it’s missing or if this ref didn’t have one. I absolutely love the patina on the dial.

I live down in the Florida keys and don’t know of any reputable (or not) watchmakers in the area, all I have found are new watch dealers in the Miami area who haven’t been any help getting me in the right direction.

really want to get this watch in usable and wearable shape, I am not opposed to mailing it off to a watch maker who can get this going, any suggestions?
    Thanks,Pat

image.jpg image.jpg FB66D582-1DCC-4622-ABAD-B4F4D43ECE5F.jpeg BE4F9AE6-E7E3-4D5C-B5CF-FB581C57A5E8.jpeg
    Etp095 likes this.
  2. TexOmega Oct 22, 2019

It's pretty rough looking. Investment to get it going may exceed value by a large margin.

3. Pjm39 Oct 22, 2019

I was thinking that too, I'm into it for $20 so far, I don’t mind putting a few hundred into it.

DaveK likes this.
  4. redpcar Oct 22, 2019

Looks better on the inside than out. Not a bad thing :coffee:

Spruce likes this.
  5. Pjm39 Oct 22, 2019

I am a sucker for a banged up looking watch. It seems like this year/ref geneve isn’t a very popular. I have only seen mine and another one from a post about a year ago that didnt have the geneve near the 6 o’clock position. Not sure if it is worn off or was some sort of variant dial.

6. Pjm39 Oct 29, 2019

So a little update to this watch, it’s a 1970 automatic.
    Still looking for any advice for a good watchmaker to send it to.

7. wagudc Oct 29, 2019

Rik Dietel http://www.timecareinc.com/index.html came up in my research, but I ultimately went with someone closer to me. He was friendly and professional in his communication, and has been recommended by others here (try a search).

8. Pjm39 Oct 29, 2019

Awesome thanks for the lead!

wagudc likes this.