WRUW Today?

Posts
6,701
Likes
79,913
At the gate in IAH...wearing my beloved 6309-7049 at the donut factory...with its much younger brother SRP777 standing by. Both Seikos are mounted on Raine protective watch bands with the protective covers retracted for pics. 👍

 
Posts
1,464
Likes
6,665
Both Seikos are mounted on Raine protective watch bands with the protective covers retracted for pics. 👍
I wondered how to characterize the flap pulled back. I was leaning towards "protective cover deployed" (covering watch) or "not deployed" (watch exposed). I stand corrected on the appropriate terminology. Thank you sir.
 
Posts
2,256
Likes
32,610
There are times when winning SILVER beats Gold!
Autavia%2011630%20-%20Silver%20-%2013_zpsbehvphl3.jpg
 
Posts
6,701
Likes
79,913
I wondered how to characterize the flap pulled back. I was leaning towards "protective cover deployed" (covering watch) or "not deployed" (watch exposed). I stand corrected on the appropriate terminology. Thank you sir.
Actually, your terminology sounds cooler. 😎
 
Posts
6,701
Likes
79,913
Is that one of those cool military issued Marathon or Adanac flight crew watches that they DID NOT issue us in 1986? I'm still having a resentment over that...I need to get over it. 🙄

LATE ENTRY #1: File pic below of my US Navy flight crew equipment issue page...please note how they DID NOT issue me a watch! 👎



LATE ENTRY #2: I wonder if @JFingers was issued a watch prior to or during UPT. If he was issued one, I wanna see it. Those USAF dudes/dudettes get all the cool stuff! 😎
Edited:
 
Posts
586
Likes
8,654
Nice looking combination! May I ask where you got this strap?

I'm looking for the same style and have seen a similar one from
Heuerville (14 week lead time) - https://heuerville.wordpress.com/heuerville-straps/terracotta-nubuck/
and BandRBands- http://www.bandrbands.com/cognac-classic-vintage-racing-strap.aspx

Any tips you could give would be great.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thx! It's the one you found on Heuerville, the terracotta-nubuck. I also ordered the chestnut oiled end of June. It takes a lot of patience, but the reward is certainly worth it.
 
Posts
4,643
Likes
31,245
Super Jet today.
13B1F27B-F594-46F7-9230-F8DE754C47DF_zpstsjk8h84.jpg
 
Posts
1,464
Likes
6,665
Actually, your terminology sounds cooler. 😎
Coming from you, regarding these bands; that's high praise. ::rimshot::
 
Posts
4,440
Likes
18,267
A lot cheaper than these Speedy thingamabobs we see now and again 😝

Last today 👍
I think cost/day taking into account the life expectancy of one or the other the Speedy should be bloody expensive in order to come out last.
Having that said I must admit the iWatch seems like a cool gadget😀
 
Posts
17,419
Likes
164,767
No I haven't moved to the dark side on a permanent basis 😀
The trouble with this piece is every time I look at it I start singing to myself a certain "Beatles" number 🤦

 
Posts
2,058
Likes
22,210
f61f036749bf2d896de80062fce9147c.jpg
Not worn this in a while. I was missing a date and day....


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk