WRUW Today?

Posts
4,862
Likes
24,755
Haven’t posted here in a hot minute.
Figured you all were getting tired of the same few watches pictured with various socks.
But I don’t wear this one much, and these socks have lobsters.
Happy Friday everyone.

 
Posts
5,595
Likes
54,760
It's been ten years since I purchased my first 'nice' watch for myself. I'd been watching this one on Amazon for a while, its price hovering in the upper $3,000s (MSRP was about $6,000). Back then, Amazon would sometimes sell things like this directly, making it a convenient Grey Market for high quality stuff. I'm sure it was some kind of algorithm that determined what the price would be on any given day. Then one day the price dipped to $3,400 and I went for it. I have received more comments and compliments from non-watch folk on this watch, than for any other watch I own. It just keeps ticking away, day after day, at a steady +4.5s/day. With its hour-jump complication it makes a great watch for travel across time zones. And it even makes a great dive watch, too.

 
Posts
5,329
Likes
75,867
Went to the Oasis pop up shop at the bullring in Birmingham today, in readiness for next Saturday nights gig in Manchester .
 
Posts
1,115
Likes
7,340
Grey Kontiki and matching vintage Citroën van in nearly the same shade. That's London for you!

 
Posts
919
Likes
2,893
First Speedmaster. About 1 year into my watch journey. Time flies. Hard to take this thing off.

I would not have picked this strap but it does simply look good. Probably any strap does. Finding an ugly strap for a Speedmaster might actually be a fun little project. My wife would roll her eyes so hard she'd find a 361st degree in the circle.
 
Posts
17,419
Likes
164,767
One of my daughters was visiting earlier this evening and she was asking about the Swatch Watch so here is what I showed her 👍