WRUW Today?

Posts
456
Likes
1,040
It's Speedie Tuesday and I just so happened to bring this baby all the way home!!!

Japan -> California -> back home to Biel

 
Posts
1,712
Likes
7,328
Let the game begin!
 
Posts
17,419
Likes
164,768
Weather took a turn for the worse earlier so on went the Citizen,

 
Posts
5,595
Likes
54,761
Today's Flieger 😀



...on quite a momentous day in my quest to learn to fly: first solo flight!



...although maybe not as glorious as it sounds. Out of 1.6 hours flying today, only 30 minutes were in solo flight, only 2m off the ground, staying within a 20m X 20m box. I spent 30 minutes continuously picking up, setting down, and hovering. In a helicopter as small as this, flying without a second person on board changes the handling of the aircraft dramatically: about 15% of the total weight is suddenly gone, and the center-of-mass shifts significantly to the rear. I was surprised how different it was flying in this configuration. But I made definite improvements in smoothness over the 30 minutes of solo flight.
 
Posts
5,662
Likes
136,732
...on quite a momentous day in my quest to learn to fly: first solo flight!
Woohoo big congrats!
A salute from X-33 on parachute strap. Nothing negative implied by "parachute"... 😜
 
Posts
5,595
Likes
54,761
Woohoo big congrats!
A salute from X-33 on parachute strap. Nothing negative implied by "parachute"... 😜

Thanks @Lou P ! I doubt that a parachute would even fit in the thing that I'm flying now 😀