WRUW Today?

Posts
5,655
Likes
136,581
My OMC features the Cal.1516, which was used in the Gen 2 version. Forum member @Lou P owns the OG-OMC with the Cal.1511, of which only 1,000 were made.
Well done changing your batt. Luv the ESD protection!

The next 2 pics are not mine. They are from "Ultramagnetic" and/or "CFR" from years ago on a other forum if my file naming convention was any good. They offer a decent side-by-side of the 2 sizes.

The "tell" that I use if I can see the s/n plate side is the space above the plate. If it's a full plate height, it's the bigger cal 1511. If there's about half the plate height, it's a cal 1516. YaY!

Enjoying mine today!
 
Posts
424
Likes
6,224
Nomos with some colorful Mercuries and DGs as a background. I wonder how many people are still listening to these nowadays.


People in that building are still working at this hour.
 
Posts
7,083
Likes
56,800

It was a dark and stormy Speedy Tuesday ...

Going to have to rake the lawn again after this blow.
 
Posts
1,995
Likes
15,564
It’s nice to wear my watch on my left hand now that my wrist has healed from a cut that got infected.

 
Posts
15,931
Likes
47,836
Speedy Tuesday, I know, and I’m wearing my 34 year old Speedmaster 345.0808 on my right wrist. Shown (however), on my left wrist is my 35 year old Rolex Oyster Date-Just which was returned to daily wear on March 11. Set to the second at that time and worn constantly 24-hours every day. As of this morning, it is 42-seconds fast in 77 days! For the first month, the rate hovered between 3 seconds slow to 2 seconds fast. It has settled in to a gain of approx 0.53 seconds per day. Coincidentally, the Speedmaster has shown NO variation in the past 3 days. It is 33 years old, with gold plated calibre 863 movement. These are my two newest watches.

 
Posts
5,595
Likes
54,761
Well done changing your batt. Luv the ESD protection!

The next 2 pics are not mine. They are from "Ultramagnetic" and/or "CFR" from years ago on a other forum if my file naming convention was any good. They offer a decent side-by-side of the 2 sizes.

The "tell" that I use if I can see the s/n plate side is the space above the plate. If it's a full plate height, it's the bigger cal 1511. If there's about half the plate height, it's a cal 1516. YaY!

Enjoying mine today!

Fascinating!

And here's an image I found somewhere on the Internet (honestly can't remember where or I'd give credit). The image shows the difference in the size of the footprint of the Cal.1511 vs Cal.1516. That's the 1511 on the left. It appears that there was an effort to trim down the overall size of the case by utilizing the 1516.

 
Posts
17,419
Likes
164,767
Some may remember that this Marloe was a surprise gift at Christmas from the love of my life ?

I received a gentle reminder this afternoon that she had not seen me wearing it in a long time,
so needless to say here we are this evening 😀