WRUW Today?

Posts
306
Likes
1,922
@Engee
Good to know f300s are not unrepairable. I have one and am looking at another. I love them, but do worry that once they have something go wrong with them, that's it. I also worry that the movements have a finite life unlike mechanical watches which can, to a large degree, be kept on the road by good watchmakers. With tuning fork watches the number of competent people to maintain them is limited and, if some obscure part fails, I worry that there's nothing that can be done.
Don't worry if you like the f300's. I have a watchmaker specialized in tuning fork movements that even does recoils. He is the one that repairs and services all my Accutrons Spaceview. PM me if you need his contact.
 
Posts
1,542
Likes
3,355
@Engee

Don't worry if you like the f300's. I have a watchmaker specialized in tuning fork movements that even does recoils. He is the one that repairs and services all my Accutrons Spaceview. PM me if you need his contact.
Thank you. Good to know.
 
Posts
1,178
Likes
6,007
kh4Q0Zc.jpg
 
Posts
7,076
Likes
56,725
Would you want to go to a doctor with a last name of Slaughter? Would you wish to pay the equivalent of several fun vintage watches for an implant?

Me either. But, them's th' breaks.

 
Posts
15,930
Likes
47,823
Within the last week, I showed a picture of this mid-50s bumper automatic which I rarely wear. At the time, I boasted about how good a performer it has been, and how reliable. Later that day, it cratered! I hadn’t serviced for about 30 years, so today, I stripped it. This is an A Schild 1161 bumper automatic. It has a two-piece drive pinion with attached ratchet feature that is the final drive pinion in the automatic winding. But it is also involved in the manual winding of the movement. The two parts of the ratchet pinion had parted, so the watch was not winding either automatically, or manually. Today, I repaired the pinion and conditioned it. Back on the wrist.

View attachment 1545662