WRUD (Drinking) Today?

Posts
5,333
Likes
75,939
It’s been many a year since I had a mackesons , but saw them in the supermarket and thought why not .
 
Posts
4,718
Likes
17,862
It’s been many a year since I had a mackesons , but saw them in the supermarket and thought why not .
A very ‘special’ brew...."looks good, tastes good and, by golly, it does you good."
 
Posts
231
Likes
100
About to crack open a four corners local craft lager. We’ll see where it goes from there…
 
Posts
3,893
Likes
23,273
It’s been many a year since I had a mackesons , but saw them in the supermarket and thought why not .
I had to look it up. Very interesting history. How is it?
 
Posts
1,089
Likes
8,335
Debating if I want to open this or not.
I had the same conundrum with this, however, it was made for drinking so opened it on my 50th. Save for a special occasion.
 
Posts
844
Likes
6,758
Renegade Rum Distillery is a new company that focuses on exploring the idea of terroir in rum making. Man behind Renegade is Mark Reynier. He previously did similar terroir experiments with Irish whisky at the Waterford distillery. He has an excellent reputation for making quality spirits. All this sounded so interesting I had to buy two bottles when I saw Renegade hit my online booze shop.

Both are absolutely excellent white rums: heavy, fruity, 'Jamaican' and green. And there are noticeable differences. Dunfermline is more Jamaican and integrated, New Bacolet is lighter and more ethanol forward.


It would be stupid to order only two bottles when the shipping costs are fixed, right? So I had no choice but to stock up my liquor cabinet with a bottle of 2020 Càirdeas and a 32 yo cognac from Cadenheads. Hopefully these two remain closed for some time, but you never know 😉
Edited:
 
Posts
2,687
Likes
12,529
Few things can equal a well-balanced white from Mosel in Germany. I normally prefer Riesling but Weissburgunder is definitely just as good when it’s from a real quality producer.

My highest recommendation 😀
 
Posts
12,148
Likes
40,474
Smoky Negroni (with a Caol Ila cask-finished gin) using the only proper vermouth brand. If you know, you know

 
Posts
5,333
Likes
75,939
Trying out some Krombacher this evening, and added bonus of a pizza van in the square .
 
Posts
12,148
Likes
40,474
Finally got my hands on a 6-pack of these. Only took a trip to the Poconos to get it 😁



… it’s not very good lol
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
Finally got my hands on a 6-pack of these. Only took a trip to the Poconos to get it 😁



… it’s not very good lol
Over ice cream?

also dig that IWC.