Forums Latest Members
  1. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Apr 4, 2015

What are you drinking today? We have a WRUW and WRULT thread, so I thought a thread for the beverage of your choice would be interesting. In honour of Dean Martin, who said "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they are going to feel all day", let's restrict it to those beverages of the alcoholic variety.

I'll start with this single malt, Cardhu 12 yr. Well suited for a mid-afternoon taste. Nothing too complex, but smooth with a bit of sweetness. Certainly good but not great.

[​IMG]

Asturianucu, Rodeor, alam and 12 others like this.
  2. lillatroll Apr 4, 2015

Moonshine, Alcohol,is not allowed, trust me to live in one of two dry countries in the world. However home made rum and grape juice with baking yeast is available, two more weeks until I can get a beer, my drink of choice. Would love one of those whiskeys right now.

LastMan likes this.
  3. lillatroll Apr 4, 2015

Not sure if this applies to all single malts, but a friend of mine owns a whiskey bar, he showed me a neat trick with a 12 year old lagphoaig. Have a sniff of the whiskey, then take a teaspoon of whiskey, pour it into your hands and rub them together, then take a deep sniff of the whiskey, then drink some and be amazed at the difference in taste.

Sluggo, YYTIN, steveb73 and 3 others like this.
  4. AAAKK First listing in the ΩF B2B phone book Apr 4, 2015

Interesting, I've never heard of that. Although your sense of taste and smell work in conjunction, so it does seem reasonable.

Matty01 likes this.
  5. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Apr 4, 2015

Nothing, honest :D

Hans the Wolf and STANDY like this.
  6. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 4, 2015

Innush & Gunn unn un..... 'onist Shir....... just a we bit.......*hic*.... burp.......

7. OmegaRookie Apr 4, 2015

Two glasses of red wine a Guiness and now a 15 year old Dalmore single malt. Pre-game prep for NCAA basketball. Though I'm Canadian and went to Western University in London, Ontario, I have seasons tickets to Michigan State football. I am therefore a Michigan State fan. Go Green!!!!

8. Drawarms Apr 4, 2015

Yamazki 12

9. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Apr 4, 2015

image.jpg My afternoon drink of choice. Embarrassing, I know. My friends call me Champagne Boy (even though this is not Champagne). They don't mean it as a compliment. Always trying to take away my man card......

10. OmegaRookie Apr 4, 2015

I bet if it said Proseco and cost double they'd think it was ok. I bet that is mighty refreshing on a warm day.

11. OmegaRookie Apr 4, 2015

You're Scotish. You live in the land where they make the nectar of the gods. I think you're a fibber. ;)

12. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 4, 2015

Wine & Guiness & whiskey...... obviously the iron stomach of the relatively young, I'm getting a bit queesy just contemplating such a mixture.

however do I predict brain damage for the morning.

13. RawArcher Measures thread drift on the Richter Scale Apr 4, 2015

You may be right, but believe they just like ring of "Champagne" vs. the more comprehensive "Sparkling". Reminds me though.....need some Proseco!

OmegaRookie likes this.
  14. guelerct Apr 4, 2015

15. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 4, 2015

I know the Innis & Gunn is working because my avitar is beginning to look like a Timex Marlin..... Bwaaa ha ha ha ha haaaaa.

16. OmegaRookie Apr 4, 2015

You don't practice enough. I'm 51 by the way. I guess I should know better...

AAAKK, Fritz and RawArcher like this.
  17. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Apr 4, 2015

....damaged internals, tried drinking a bit of glass from a chipped bottle a few years back...... cost me two surgeries and left me a bit tender

so now I get stupid by wailing around on motorbikes (in the cold half the time because this is Canada)....... at 53 I should know better but what the hell!

I know I practice enough because my last progress report from the nice man in the black & white car was for 104 in a 60.

so thats good then right!?

18. PEIslander Apr 4, 2015

Like the Mill St glass. Great beers.

hugo, OmegaRookie and AAAKK like this.
  19. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Apr 4, 2015

That's a really nice way of putting it :D and yes guilty as charged.

20. KIMBER Apr 4, 2015

Been sober for 18 hours. Might last another 15 minutes.

Farmer, kboyle, Omegafanman and 16 others like this.