WRUD (Drinking) Today?

Posts
30,177
Likes
77,921
Moscow mule yesterday afternoon, relaxing and watching some tennis...

 
Posts
30,177
Likes
77,921
May 20th is National Caesar Day here in Canada, so celebrating with a spicy one while I watch the first game of the Habs v Leafs series. First time they have met in the playoffs in 42 years!



#original6
 
Posts
1,179
Likes
1,760
May 20th is National Caesar Day here in Canada,

Damn. Had I known about Caesar Day, I would have certainly observed it. Although not a resident of the Great White North, I always reach for the Clamato when making one of those spicy red vodka cocktails.

cheers!

I would say Go Habs, but that might start a fight...
 
Posts
5,303
Likes
53,896
Don't be fooled by the bottle, this is Elderberry wine which if memory serves me correctly was picked in about 2003 from my lifestyle life sentence horticultural block I used to own and then made into wine by my mom. I just rediscovered about 8 crates of it and am working my way through them 😁 almost 20 years old and smoooooth like cough syrup.

 
Posts
30,177
Likes
77,921
Damn. Had I known about Caesar Day, I would have certainly observed it. Although not a resident of the Great White North, I always reach for the Clamato when making one of those spicy red vodka cocktails.

cheers!

I would say Go Habs, but that might start a fight...

Every day can be Caesar day!
 
Posts
4,011
Likes
45,037
Hachis parmentier for dinner tonight.. with a Haut Médoc
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
Sampling 6 drams from Bruichladdich while attending Jim McEwans final tasting. Having 6 personally made and selected drams with the GOAT of scotch whisky.

here is a video of his final send off.
 
Posts
1,090
Likes
8,341
Sunday evening, it's been a good weekend, 1st vaccine jab, 4 tonnes of gravel spread, now to relax😀
 
Posts
807
Likes
2,111
Been drinking Black Label for as long as I’ve been drinking. I prefer it to the Gold Label and Green Label. Today I finally decided to satisfy my curiosity and picked up a bottle I’ve wondered about for years.


Edited to include amateur review:
That is smooooooooth. It'll never replace Black Label. Different animal, but dang! You could totally have this for breakfast.
Edited:
 
Posts
2,078
Likes
9,718
Loving this one since I found it last week. it's definitely a beast. Better buckle up if you gonna try it 😁
 
Posts
4,718
Likes
17,862
Fingers crossed London gets full lockdown release in June. Making the most of better weather near Spitalfields market yesterday. Then some Whisky tasting / buying. The shokunin must dedicate to mastering their skill for the general welfare of the people and the small shop had a good selection. I went with Nikka’s Yoichi single malt. Still has a bit of Peat / smoke which I like– nicely balanced / suited my palette.
.
 
Posts
1,090
Likes
8,341
Fingers crossed London gets full lockdown release in June. Making the most of better weather near Spitalfields market yesterday. Then some Whisky tasting / buying. The shokunin must dedicate to mastering their skill for the general welfare of the people and the small shop had a good selection. I went with Nikka’s Yoichi single malt. Still has a bit of Peat / smoke which I like– nicely balanced / suited my palette.
.
I haven't tried Japanese malts yet, might get one passing through Heathrow next week, any recommendations?
 
Posts
632
Likes
1,021
What budget do you have? I highly recommend Nikka Coffey Malt or Yamazaki. My favorite Japanese whisky is Hibiki, but that is not a malt.