Worried about my first speedmaster purchase

I have concerns based on my charts.

what does the inside of the caseback say?
Good question, let me ask as the watch isnt with me.

Ok, my watch maker is brilliant, he just sent me a pic of the case back.

So everything fits for a -74 looks wise. I can’t tell
If it’s a metal Or delrin brake from the picture. I’d expect delrin in a -74.

I will ask, but its not brushed like the other metal parts around it.

I just took a look and took more photos as I was collecting another watch. Looks metal to me?

Metal brake.

So your going to get mixed answers on this.

my research and data says you have a 145.022-69 that was serviced and updated before Sept of 77. I personally think dealers updated these pre moons to make them more marketable after sitting unsold after the moon caseback came out.

other people say that there are 145.022-74’s with earlier movements.

the only way to determine is an extract of the archive and see when the delivery date was.

I said it had never been opened, however that was based on condition and context. It was running extremely well, as in it lost barely any time. So maybe it was serviced at some stage?

Based on the pictures, that watch was touched at some point. Some of the screws show wear.

i'd guess it was opened before... otherwise there would be a lot more tritium lume floating around on the dial.

a real score at the price you paid.

i'd guess it was opened before... otherwise there would be a lot more tritium lume floating around on the dial.

a real score at the price you paid.
Yes thats a good point, I always wondered where the lume went. There arent any particles under blacklight. Ok, so it was serviced at some stage but when we will never know. The gasket looks old.

Sheesh I just checked how much Omega 145022-74's sell for. I got this for half price it looks like, amazing.

Great catch, the unpolished cases from that era have a razor sharp definition to the top of the lug that is missing from modern Speedmaster’s. I shall dig my neglected Moonwatch out today in honour.

Can someone break down the extract for me? The movement and the reference seem to be for an older watch (1971) and yet it is a 145.022-74 according to the caseback?