Forums Latest Members

Winters coming, so any good TV shows to look out for?

1. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Sep 13, 2019

No........the real pain is having the Housewives of any city on the TV.
    Loud mouthed bitches.......talk about having self control and not doing something rash.

2. Henneth Sep 15, 2019

If not watched yet I can highly recommend Mad Men. Besides the great 1960s style it also features some nice watches...

JimJupiter likes this.
  3. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 15, 2019

Good suggestions all, one more ... good bag of weed and Dark Crystal on Netflix....

budgewink and Tet like this.
  4. Tet I prefer Dilmah do try it Sep 15, 2019

Keep forgetting about this, loved the original movie so should be right up my street.

5. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 15, 2019

I’ve watched the first three. It’s beautiful and a bit ...well Dark. Gotta wait till Jan 1 for the weed though.....:whistling:

Tet likes this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 15, 2019

Bosch all seasons on Amazon. The Good Place and Parks and Recreation on Netflix. The Magicians. Vikings on History Channel all seasons ...

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 15, 2019

The Good Place is awesome.

Do not google it, just watch one of the smartest tv shows out there disguised as a sit com.

wagudc and Larry S like this.
  8. BradleyJ. Sep 15, 2019

This show started of great but really faded as the years went on. Don't get me wrong, it's still good, I'm still watching every time a new season comes out, but it feels rushed the last few seasons.

9. Stufflers Mom Sep 15, 2019

One to look out for is Watchmen, based on the graphic novel of the same name, my friends daughter has a role in each of the first ten episodes. It starts next month I believe on HBO.

10. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Sep 15, 2019

Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Punisher, Daredevil , Iron Fist, Netflix Marvel universe.

BradleyJ. likes this.
  11. michael22 Sep 15, 2019

My daughters still laugh at me for buying the original movie on DVD for them to watch. Way too dated I suppose.
    The new series is better?

12. The Father Went out for smokes in ‘78 not seen since Sep 15, 2019

Think it was missed, Sons of Anarchy. Will make you wanna buy some white tennis shoes.

gostang9 and BradleyJ. like this.
  13. tritto Sep 15, 2019

I don't think anyone has mentioned Archer yet. One of the funniest shows on TV (especially the earlier seasons).

jsducote and Foo2rama like this.
  14. shishy www.hpmor.com Sep 16, 2019

DarK is an amazing show, I watched it in German with english subtitles on Netflix
    Also watch The Boys on Amazon, one of my favorite takes on superhero shows

Finally my all time favorite is LOST (currently on Hulu)

15. BradleyJ. Sep 17, 2019

All great shows if you're into Marvel with Punisher being crazy well made for a Netflix low budget show. King Pin was fantastic in Daredevil especially season 2. Of the other shows, even the not so great episodes are entertaining. The least liked show according to reviews would be Iron Fist even though it may have been my favorite. I'm sad a these shows were canceled due to the Disney/Netflix contract, with any luck we'll see them after the 2 year clause is lifted.

I almost mentioned this show. Starts off strong, has a meh season 2 or 3 (the Ireland season) and then it stays pretty good till the second to last season which I feel is the same story line repeated. However it finished very strong and the final scene leaves you content but you can't help but laugh a little. I put this series in the same category as GOT, Thrones had a terrible ending but it was so good it's still worth the watch.

Can't believe I forgot this gem. Just finished this a few weeks ago and it was awesome. I told an old timer at my work to watch it, and he's not into super heroes at all, and he loved it as well. Can't wait to see where that series goes.

16. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 17, 2019

amazon prime

sneaky pete

season 1 = great
    season 2 = not as great as season 1 but still entertaining
    season 3 = complete dogshit..finished half of it and i don't care if i see the rest.

17. vicakers Sep 17, 2019

Currently watching Unbelievable on Netflix. It’s very good.

18. ArtVandlay Sep 17, 2019

Surprised no one has mentioned Barry on HBO with Bill Hader, Stephen Root, Henry Winkler and best of all Anthony Carrigan (NoHo Hank of the Chechen Mob).

19. impalla62ss Sep 17, 2019

Berlin Station
    Killing Eve
    Sherlock (2010)

20. Henneth Sep 17, 2019

Another show which i really liked is Top Boy. If you dig The Wire you should definitely check it out. Season 3 is currently available on Netflix. Unfortunately not season 1 and 2...