WDYLT (What did you learn Today)

Boeing tests their in-flight Wi-Fi using potatoes, as they absorb and reflect radio wave signals in a similar way to the human body.

They call this project ‘Synthetic Personnel Using Dialectic Substitution’ or SPUDS

No joke…

Apparently, HMS Belfast's main forward guns are trained on Scratchwood Services. (not sure where I heard that from)

x956jxqs9v821.jpg

I learnt this today. Hope it helps others learn a little more about using their iPhones.

On the desktop I can easily create the Omega symbol by simultaneously selecting option + z, but this is not possible on the iPhone. So here is what I learnt.

to include the Ω symbol as a keyboard choice do the following:

1. go to your iPhone settings/general/keyboard/text replacement
2. Tap the + sign at the top right corner
3. Copy the Omega Symbol Ω
4. Go back to text replacement settings and paste the copied symbol in the “phrase” field
5. Then type omega (or ohm) in the “shortcut” field
6. Now the Ω symbol will be offered as a choice for selection in the text whenever you type omega - I use ohm rather than omega just to keep it a fraction quicker.

Hope this helps someone.
Not sure if it is also an applicable shortcut for Android systems.

Hearing Aids can help...but your hearing will never the same as it was.
Possibly the same for eye spectacles you think?

Android systems
On Android with Gboard (the Google default keyboard), just go to the symbols view and long-press on π to type Ω.

This is blowing my mind right now. What a world we live in

SWIMS is the same upside down 😉

I am pretty sure we all are aware of this at some level, but I like this fella's explanation as to why Tritium dials glow.

I learned today that only one Rolex Daytona has been space flown.

I learned that if you call your other half an "old bat" you have a really good chance you'll be hit by an actual "old bat".

I learned that if you call your other half an "old bat" you have a really good chance you'll be hit by an actual "old bat".
😁😁

Trust me stay away from an old bag as well...or old boiler...in fact anything old...

I learned today that only one Rolex Daytona has been space flown.
Did Michael Collins ever wear his Rolex Turn-O-Graph into space?

I learned that physicians aren't interested in seeing a picture of the tick bite on my marble bag.

I learned that physicians aren't interested in seeing a picture of the tick bite on my marble bag.
😁😁

I learned that pigeons don`t bob their heads.