Forums Latest Members
  1. Uniqez Mar 5, 2016

No comparacing, just saying.

meganfox17 likes this.
  2. shoqueGMT Mar 5, 2016

Thanks for the help and recommends everyone!

Side note, has anyone seen this Bronze Oris, OMG. Now that's a gorgeous diver. I'd gift this, but i want it for me.

[​IMG]

BrianMcKay likes this.
  3. lutzG Mar 5, 2016

That's what I think, too. My father in law gave me his vintage Eterna automatic from the 1970's. What an unforgetable moment ...

4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Mar 6, 2016

Your buying a watch for your brother in law but your sister has the final say....!

Shake your brother in laws hand and wish him luck from me ;)

Nobel Prize and meganfox17 like this.
  5. meganfox17 Mar 6, 2016

Hi @shoqueGMT

Merci Beaucoup . I got it now. So ..
    you have a 'Brother in Law ' , i hope you're getting along just fine with your "Outlaws" & your Sis is the new Sheriff in town...Ha6x!

You posted a pic of Carl Brashear Bronze LE ...so now i've to open my big mouth ..

Deepest i ever attempted was scuba diving ~ 10 m wearing a PO but i guess Oris wanted an affordable form over function Divers'...but....come on Guys..Where's the small attention to details ?

I mean Carl was a certified US Master Diver (Not Master Chronometer ...! ) American African who fought hardships & racism in the Navy....so what's with the 100 m WR leather strap handicap ...? Black man can't dive ?
    We're talkin' Big Carl Brashear here ok not Carl's Jr ! Hello..Oris , please reissue a technically correct MK II version with a depth ratings of a respectful 300 m for Carl....! Carl's chocolate rubber... check ! Being Black , Carl would have preferred Gold coloured stitchings on the strap not whitey !

Thrilled you'll be choosing an Omega Speedy for him

I'll be gettin' ol' Blue Connie in a few mths. i say...Longines Heritage Rose Gold LD is also on my bucket list

Edited Mar 6, 2016
  6. timerider27 Mar 6, 2016

Get the Globemaster in steel. It's around $7,000 (a little more with tax but maybe you can get that taken off). When a guy looks at a watch, but he is not a watch guy, he sees a thing of beauty - an object of desire that is more than a time keeper - later does he understand what he has on his wrist.

Longbow and Riviera Paradise like this.
  7. cuts33 Mar 7, 2016

I mostly love this entire post because I know she has no ill intentions whatsoever but yet you could never say this in public in the U.S. without everyone getting all up in arms or at least pretending to be upset by it because they think that's the right thing to do.

8. Riviera Paradise Mar 9, 2016

Globemaster either blue dial with steel or....if a more dressy option required perhaps a white dial Globemaster with dark grey strap. If it is a "day wedding" the Groom will probably be wearing grey?...the blue dial will work out great;)...and he will have a a very versatile watch for the coming years. I love my Reverso DuoFace but I use it more for C-level executive meetings as well as more formal events...don´t have many Polo games in Rio:)

9. Scepticalist Mar 9, 2016

If you really don't want a Moonwatch, go vote for the SM300 Coaxial - classic good looks, water resistance, does whatever most will need in a watch for the long term. Although a dress watch would be better for the wedding, it won't stand up as an every day watch for most people.

10. Riviera Paradise Mar 9, 2016

Oops...I suggested the Globemaster without really going through the thread...but between the Seamaster 300MC and Speedy I would certainly choose the Speedy Pro as I do think the Seamaster 300 is a bit too "sporty" for a wedding...to make the Speedy a bit more "special" and not just a "common" Speedy, I would suggest a moonphase complication to celebrate the great day...

https://www.omegawatches.com/watches/speedmaster/moonwatch/professional-42-mm/35765000/

meganfox17 likes this.
  11. dialstatic Mar 10, 2016

I second (or 'third') the Globemaster suggestion. It ticks all the boxes and I would buy it in a heartbeat if I had the funds (hence: picture obviously stolen from the internet).

image.jpeg
    BrianMcKay, GregH, Longbow and 2 others like this.
  12. demollo Mar 10, 2016

Why does it have to be Automatic Speedy Pro ? Go with classic Manual with hesalite, change the bracelet to some beautfiul strap and it would be perfect for the wedding. I think Seamaster 300 MC is too sporty for the wedding

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  13. shoqueGMT Mar 10, 2016

While i completely agree with you. Some people do not appreciate manually winding a watch everyday. They may view it as more of a burden, so an automatic watch works better.

I have a Reverso Duo "GRUT" and enjoy winding it every morning. My buddy inherited a Reverso and gets annoyed with the watch because he forgets to wind it on the regular.

That does look pretty good.

Riviera Paradise likes this.
  14. Longbow Mar 13, 2016

I'd like to offer some other advice...if you haven't already purchased the watch.

What ever you do, when you go to buy this once-in-a-lifetime timepiece make sure you go to the watch dealer/seller wearing the ACTUAL shirt and jacket you intend to get married in. Most modern watches have become significantly larger in recent times and divers are just plain huge anyway. There is a real risk that you or someone you love will spend big bucks on a watch that might not actually fit under your cuff. I ended up swapping a beautiful Breitling Headwind for this reason; it didn't fit under ANY of my business shirts/suits. If you a going for more formal attire then I guess that will also mean double cuffs and cuff-links. These will typically be stiffer than a regular single/button cuff and exacerbate the problem. It would be a pity if you are distracted on this important day by such an easy to avoid mistake.

I personally think a blue dial Omega Globemaster on a dark leather strap covers all the bases; a Rolex Sub (older model with thinner clasp) would also work, so long as you are prepared for dumb questions like "is it real" for the rest of your life. You have to live with the choice for the rest of your life, so choose the one that works for you.

Here are some photos of a watch in context. Lounge suit white shirt, Black Dinner Jacket (Tux for Americans) white shirt double cuff and cuff link, Cream Jacket, dark shirt single cuff, cuff link (if it's a beach wedding) etc etc.

Also a thought: if you have Black & White photos taken professionally during the wedding (somehow more tasteful/timeless) that might influence how your watch clothing combo will appear.
    @meganfox17 some more photos to add to your frustration.

Longbow Globemaster 7.jpg Longbow Globemaster 8.jpg Longbow Globemaster 9.jpg Longbow Globemaster 10.jpg Longbow Globemaster 11.jpg Longbow Globemaster 12.jpg Longbow Globemaster 13.jpg

15. Longbow Mar 13, 2016

And even the speed of light (c) isn't constant..if light isn't traveling at c it is probably because it is travelling through something like air or a watch crystal. So whatever you thought the time was in fact it wasn't.

16. Nobel Prize Spell Master! Mar 13, 2016

What is the difference between metas relativity and cosc relativity? Or is it just marketing?

17. wx_073 Mar 13, 2016

I would say SMP 300 Master Co-axial. Thats ideal wedding gift from my point of view. Cheers.

BrianMcKay and Kja like this.
  18. Mr Bing Mar 13, 2016

This pretty much sums things up perfectly and echoes what I was thinking.

The AT is a watch for most, if not all, occasions. An ideal choice.

BrianMcKay likes this.
  19. meganfox17 Mar 13, 2016

Dear @Longbow

If @Superdoc didnt point out to me the fact that the Stephen Urquhart is indeed now wearing a Glb Annual calender , i could have sworn the Blue Glb on that wrist in the photos belongs to the President of Omega !

Yeah of course i'm frustrated staring at @Longbow's macro photograph images....Sure... longbow ..just sprinkle lots of table salt to my open wounds.....

20. Uniqez Mar 13, 2016

No matter what kind of watch you are going to buy, please don't wear anything like this at the wedding:
    uploadfromtaptalk1457888108479.jpg
    [emoji6]

rbob99 and meganfox17 like this.