Forums Latest Members
  1. budfox Jan 8, 2018

Hi Team

As an avid watch enthusiast my fiancé has offered to buy me a watch to mark the special day. We will both contribute towards the watch, a total budget of £6,000 ($8,000).

I have a 11610 Submariner, a 114270 Explorer, an Omega SpeedyTuesday and a Tag Heuer Link Chrono.

*Jaeger LeCoultre Master Control Sector Dial Date
    *Jaeger LeCoultre Reverso
    *Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra Railmaster
    *Vintage Rolex Datejust (Jubilee)
    *IWC Pilot Heritage

A few options spring to mind, but I would love to hear your suggestions.

2. time flies Jan 8, 2018

3. MaiLollo Jan 8, 2018

What do you like ? Which watch will you be still wearing in (possibly) 40 years time ?
    Aim at something timeless that isn't a spur of the moment thing...

4. R3D9 Jan 8, 2018

A reverso would slot in nicely to your existing collection... all others are straight-ahead sports watches and the Reverso would add something a bit more dressy/formal to your collection, yet still be wearable with jeans and the like. It'll look great in a tux, for sure... you're wedding photog will love taking some photos of it.

As suggested, you'll get a much better response if you set an avatar for yourself and share a bit of what you like design-wise and what needs/requirements you might have.

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!

5. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 8, 2018

You need a dress watch.

While the reverso is technically a sports watch... it’s generally considered dress watch now.

It’s one of those pieces that everyone wants but no one owns.

You can get a single face one engraved with your wedding date also.

6. fwright00 Jan 8, 2018

I dreamed of buying a Reverso for my wedding, couldn't afford it at the time. Plan to buy one to give to my son for his wedding day, think it's a beautiful and formal watch, especially in the minimalist varieties (tribute to 1931 is my dream watch, but a classic not duoface is timeless).

dall-houston and Foo2rama like this.
  7. Ewellblue Jan 9, 2018

IMG_1542.JPG Have you thought about this Master Control? Comes well within budget and can be bought for well under list from a few trusted sellers on here!!

dall-houston, bama2141 and Buster like this.
  8. IDXM Jan 10, 2018

Classic like a Rolex Datejust? Seems to fill a niche in your collection.

9. RS89 Jan 10, 2018

+1 for a 1931 Reverso if it's meant to commemorate your wedding.

Tell your fiancé you want it engraved and drop her a few hints to get the creative juices flowing.

I think the best engraving I've seen on a Reverso was one in which the wife engraved a map of NYC and London with arrows connecting the two cities. The engraving was meant to tell the story of the couple's coming together, as during their dating and engagement they lived in different cities and were separated by the Atlantic. I can't find the original article with this story, this was years ago, but I'm pretty sure the 4th picture in the below article is the engraving I'm thinking of.

Have fun!

https://www.revolution.watch/how-difficult-can-it-be-to-engrave-a-straight-line/?archive

rcs914, Foo2rama and dall-houston like this.
  10. budfox Feb 14, 2018

?