Forums Latest Members

Where to buy a Replacement Strap

1. MontyP Jan 6, 2021

Hello all,

I need to buy a replacement strap for my Omega Speedmaster (Aventurine) which I purchased almost 5 years ago. As this is my first really nice watch (and first with a leather strap) I was a bit surprised to learn the straps only last about 2 years if worn regularly. I was also a bit surprised at the cost of the replacement Omega strap (Cdn. $450 when I bought one two years ago and now Cdn. $495 according to an authorized dealer Omega referred me to).

I am considering purchasing two straps - the black alligator leather currently on the watch and perhaps a Dark Side of the Moon fabric strap. The DSOTM strap was recommended to me on another forum as a strap that will (i) look good on my watch and (ii) last considerably longer than the alligator leather strap. Assuming the straps are fairly easy to change, I figure I can wear the watch with the DSOTM strap for regular wear and "dress it up" with the alligator leather strap when needed.

I have read elsewhere on this forum that people have ordered from a place in the UK called Swiss Watch Spares. However, in the same posts where people mention Swiss Watch Spares, others have suggested that you can get a better price from an authorized dealer. I am wondering if this is only the case in the US or the UK and whether anyone has a recommended place to purchase Omega straps that they have found offer better pricing. Both of the ADs I have contacted are quoting me the same price for the leather strap (Cdn. $495). Swiss Watch Spares are advertising the same strap for 219 pounds which, even with the conversion, is still about $100 less. Other online places seem to be selling the straps for even more than the AD price. However, if I order from SWS I will have to pay shipping, possibly duties and install the strap myself.

I am just curious where people have found Omega straps at a better price. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Many thanks

2. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 6, 2021

Foo2rama and Thrasher36 like this.
  3. MontyP Jan 6, 2021

Thanks X350. I should have specified that I want at least one Omega strap. I realize I can get non-Omega straps for a lower price and may pursue that option as a back-up plan. have looked at a number of sellers of non-Omega straps (including some in the thread you provided) but I also need a 21mm and a strap that will fit the Omega deployment clasp. I was really trying to understand where people go for Omega straps and why people seems to suggest that ADs are cheaper. Thanks again.

4. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 6, 2021

Strap prices are the same everywhere if they are real.

just call your nearest Omega Boutique and get it shipped.

there are ways to get Unbranded ones from the original Manufacture is f you know which of 2 companies made the strap.

or so what many do and go third party.

5. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Jan 6, 2021

Make sure you keep the buckle on your old strap. If not you, someone will want it

6. MontyP Jan 6, 2021

Thanks Foo2 and Davek

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 6, 2021

That's also a good point, if you want to retain the omega deployant, make sure you get a strap made for an Omega Style deployant.