Forums Latest Members

«Watch strap ressource» Where to buy good quality leather watch straps

1. Jonatan Aug 12, 2015

I would like some information on where most of you get your watch straps? Most watch pictures I see on here are amazing and I can't seem to find similar items in Switzerland. Hirsh seems to have the monopole and although they have some nice straps, I was looking for something a little different. I like the vintage suede look (although I'm not sure how that holds up to water?)

Is the market just that much bigger in the US and Canada?

thelinendial, superfly and BenBagbag like this.
  2. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Aug 12, 2015

3. persco Aug 12, 2015

Also there's a member here named Jan (@jankoxxx) who makes really great cordovan leather straps. He is also in Europe, so close to you.

4. NT931 Aug 12, 2015

It really depends on the type of straps you'd like. There's a big market out there for the 22 or 24mm Panerai-ish straps, but the market for 18mm straps for dress watches is smaller.

I've had good experiences with Watchbandcenter, with Martu straps, with Colareb & Kelaran on ebay, and with Hirsch. The best experiences I've had are with bespoke straps though - Casa Fagliano, Camille Fournet, and 2 local Singapore craftsmen who are very good (but with corresponding prices to match). Overall, I've found Hirsch to be pretty good bang for the buck, plus they have short straps too, which is a plus.

thelinendial and Syrte like this.
  5. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 12, 2015

I'm a bit of a Bulang snob (https://bulangandsons.com/). I haven't found anyone close to their quality (at a lower price point, at least), and the only reason I even looked at/ordered from other brands was because a) Bulang is a little pricey, and b) the shipping takes a while from EU to the US. That said, they fit like a glove, have a great profile on the wrist, and look fantastic.

nik_t, platogsd, frazierspa and 5 others like this.
  6. emilio Aug 12, 2015

Bulang is way overpriced in my opinion..

A great suede alternative is glc straps.. Already got 3 from them..

marco, nzshadow, Syrte and 1 other person like this.
  7. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Aug 12, 2015

8. watchcollect Aug 12, 2015

Edited Aug 12, 2015
    Speedmasterfan88 likes this.
  9. watchcollect Aug 12, 2015

Superb quality. [emoji106]

10. oddboy Zero to Grail+2998 In Six Months Aug 12, 2015

abrosz, ageage and Rockmastermike like this.
  11. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Aug 13, 2015

Bulang (made by Jean Paul Menicucci) offers the most varied styles of straps, but the stitching is often subpar. I've learn to live with that since they look so darn cool.

+1. It may be ridiculous to call them bargain buys as they command premium prices, but you get exactly what you pay for. Camille fournet also offers off the shelf straps for a lesser price.

12. Buckeyes#1 Things come with instructions? Aug 13, 2015

Martu makes great straps.

Syrte and watchcollect like this.
  13. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 13, 2015

I don't know that I'd say "way" overpriced. Are they expensive? Yeah. But my strap that's two years old from them has frankly only become better looking with age and I find the quality to be better than anything else around the $100 range. If you want to talk overpriced, I'd say Hodinkee is the #1 winner.

14. bazamu wincer, not a bidder Aug 13, 2015

Wow, so the inside of the very first strap I bought from Bulang has the JPM logo (now, obviously, I know to mean Jean Paul Menincucci), but I never had any idea what it meant. Stupid me thought it was somehow related to the old Bulang logo or something. Can you order direct from JPM? I don't see anywhere on the site.

15. jordn Wants to be called Frank for some odd reason Aug 13, 2015

Not sure, but I don't see why not. Here is his contact info: [email protected]

bazamu likes this.
  16. chunkythebulldog Aug 27, 2015

Heuerville make good quality straps at reasonable prices. Had these on order since May and just arrived in todays post.

[​IMG]

17. Togri v. 2.0 Wow! Custom title... cool Aug 27, 2015

I can vouch for Jankoxxx on this forum. Great straps, I have a couple by now. I think Heuerville will be the next place I buy a strap. They are a little different but eveybody seems to sing their praises.

You can check out the strap reviews on fratellowatches, they give a pretty good overview of what is out there, when it comes to quality straps. There is also a Swedish or Norweigan strap makes on instagram called "strapsbyruus". They also seem pretty cool.

18. tegee26 Aug 27, 2015

Bought this strap from Bulang during their 20% summer sale for my PO 2500 and it is a dream to wear. I haven't taken it off since it has arrived. During the summer heat I've had no issues with discomfort and actually feels slipper like on the wrist. Worth every penny IMHO.

The only negative is I am not a fan of their newer style tang buckle......I may change that out soon.

https://bulangandsons.com/product/bs-classy-all-black-vintage-leather-strap-20-mm/

wsfarrell likes this.
  19. rwilner Jan 3, 2016

I'm a strap nut.

Are you?

If so, give up your sources. We are all friends here.

WUS straps and bracelet sales forum is a great source.
    EBay of course.
    Hellonatostrap is great for unique, printed natos, usually only smaller lug sizes tho.
    My custom strap guy is Nero. He's in Spain, not super fast but incredible work at great prices.
    Of course panatime and bandr bands.
    Rob Montana makes great stuff if you're willing to drop some cake.

Where else do you guys look for straps?

KstateSkier, amiriqbal and Syrte like this.
  20. alam Jan 3, 2016