What was your first purchase of 2023?

I can be the only idiot buying watches today ... Or paying for those watches we put on hold so our accountants wouldn't freak out anymore over our 2022 purchases

Seems like I'll be going first.

163681BB-9315-4F38-9BD2-68102F62B060.jpg
IMG_20230101_173042_784.jpg

Happy new year, ya filthy animals.

Great start for the year. Looks like Santa dropped off some cash for you this year.

I'm under strict orders of "No More" from both The Wife and The Accountant.

Neither can stop me from looking though... and as such, definitely eyeing some vintage Speedmasters.

I'm under strict orders of "No More" from both The Wife and The Accountant.

Neither can stop me from looking though... and as such, definitely eyeing some vintage Speedmasters.

I have no doubt I am going to have to be adopting new policies like 1 in, 1 out or STOP lol

I bought some watch movements yesterday.

Could quickly change. I suspect I will get something this week. There are 38 items in my watchlist. Most are for projects 'down the road.' Then I am surprised when the auction ends. Some times I buy things and they are simply 'out of stock.' So I leave the listing to see if a second unique thing show up.

The worse is when I do not get something and there is a rebound purchase. Still waiting for one of those from the week before Christmas.

Then there are the things one feels they need but are more dear. Like a timegrapher, or a proper jewel press. Should save the lunch money for such. But the commitment, oh the commitment.

A total left field for me. I can’t really explain why I want this. Deposit made, just gotta hop a few hoops and this weird thing is mine.

I can’t really explain why I want this. Deposit made, just gotta hop a few hoops and this weird thing is mine.
Embrace your inner Dali.

I've come close already. Something LE that I want just popped up on Reddit. I'm trying real hard to be an adult and not spend my entire 2023 watch budget in the first week.

I ordered a Genteel strap today using a special 20% coupon George gave me. I actually plan to sell quite a few watches this year, absolutely nothing planned to acquire this year.

I've come close already. Something LE that I want just popped up on Reddit. I'm trying real hard to be an adult and not spend my entire 2023 watch budget in the first week.

I already well and good failed at that. I paid for ... Mumble mumble 6 individual watches on hold and a box of rocks from Janice&Fred and a couple things from JWR ... mumble mumble ... yesterday. And most of you guys saw the big drop on the Nick Hacko watch right at the end of the year. Shit.

I ordered a Genteel strap today using a special 20% coupon George gave me. I actually plan to sell quite a few watches this year, absolutely nothing planned to acquire this year.

I might be joining you in selling some things I got in my quest to learn what I liked.

It does not say wrist watch, so pocket watches seem allowable also. This one, sellers photos (thanks to David Penney for the allowance to use them).

Early split seconds chronograph. I am waiting to get it in my hands :)

2.jpg
3.jpg

It does not say wrist watch, so pocket watches seem allowable also. This one, sellers photos (thanks to David Penney for the allowance to use them).

Early split seconds chronograph. I am waiting to get it in my hands :)

2.jpg
3.jpg

I guess technically I didn't even say it had to be a watch, silly me. But, yes, pocket watches as lovely as these deserve a spot on the wall of early January purchases!