Forums Latest Members

What other hobbies are you into?

1. 1st speedy Feb 12, 2020

Forgot to mention, flying my kids drones and rc car that hits 100mph.

wagudc likes this.
  2. ONEWATCH Irony embodied Feb 12, 2020

Enough said IMG_2068.jpg

30t1, Fastsled, KstateSkier and 12 others like this.
  3. Fritz genuflects before the mighty quartzophobe Feb 13, 2020

motorbikes
    photography
    old, preferably railroad clocks (there's a shock) 17.JPG cw710-1.jpg jawa350ss.JPG P1010995.JPG

4. Kmart Feb 13, 2020

Scuba diving!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

...WITH dive watches--of course. :thumbsup:

ConElPueblo, Flatfoot, Dan S and 4 others like this.
  5. lillatroll Feb 13, 2020

I don't know whether it would be considered as jogging or running but my wife and I run/jog 4 times a week. We have done a few half marathons and we are currently preparing for our first full marathon in Vienna this April. Our longest run will be this weekend at 20 miles or 32km. It takes up a lot of time.

My wife likes building lego sets and I am her minion who finds the pieces. A few sets to build including Old Trafford, a mustang, houses of parliament and a London bus.

Not sure if it is a hobby as such but we like to visit places. This year we are going to Vienna and Estonia as well as a few family visits to Finland and the UK.

Dan S likes this.
  6. RazorFrazer Feb 13, 2020

Main hobby is brazilian jiu jitsu. Wife and I are both into it as a lifestyle.
    Some other things im into are redwing shoes, running, work outs, judo, and lately... drawing!
    Ive got two little girls and a young active wife i have to keep up with. Work takes up a lot of my time too working as a substation technician / telecommunications technician.
    Family and jiu jitsu, basically. I love watches but dont have the kind of money to buy buy buy. I love my speedmaster though its apart of me and I wear it every day.

Dan S and Wetworks like this.
  7. Hduck Feb 13, 2020

I fly airplanes privately. Hence my love of chronographs

flw, Wetworks and SpeedyPhill like this.
  8. Radiozoop Feb 14, 2020

Mmmmmm... I love reloading. What a relaxing hobby. While you definitely have to be paying attention, I find reloading to be immensely satisfying. And the end result is fun too. Recently I’ve been delving into casting bullets for 9mm. If you haven’t already, check that out. Lots of fun as well!

noelekal likes this.
  9. base615 Feb 14, 2020

Snowboarding
    Climbing
    Photography
    Electronic music production
    Collecting (and drinking) wine
    Kidnapping and extortion

10. Engee Feb 14, 2020

With kidnapping and extortion being just a hobby, I’m guessing any money you extort is donated to charity.

Muddlerminnow, wagudc and base615 like this.
  11. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Feb 14, 2020

I do some skateboarding [G&S Side Cut re-issue deck, Gullwing Super Pro III trucks and Powerflex Rock Candy wheels w/ Bones Swiss bearings]...it gets me out of the house...and the wife unit [MacGyverette] says skateboarding is “approved”...as opposed to strip club adventures which are “not approved”...

An old Speedy Monday vid from the local skatepark...

wagudc, Togri v. 2.0, Dan S and 5 others like this.
  12. Mad Dog rockpaperscissorschampion Feb 14, 2020

OK, dude...I gotta ask...so how in the tarnation do you have good hair days under water? Are you one of those double secret probation action figures or something? ::confused2::

wagudc, Wivac, Togri v. 2.0 and 2 others like this.
  13. Professor Feb 14, 2020

Perhaps he mistook a can of touch up clear coat spray for his regular men's hair spray.

PS
    For those interested in older novels and short stories may I suggest
    https://www.fadedpage.com/index.php

For vintage comics and periodicals
    https://comicbookplus.com/

Both have free online reading or downloads. Thousands of high quality scans.

Edited Feb 14, 2020
    Mad Dog likes this.
  14. Pvt-Public Feb 14, 2020

Some where around here I have an old school (early 70s)G&S Fibreflex with Gullwings and Kryptonic 70mm wheels. I’ll post it later.

Edited Feb 15, 2020
    Mad Dog likes this.
  15. SpeedyPhill Founder Of Aussie Cricket Blog Mark Waugh Universe Feb 14, 2020

Next year, it will be 50 years ago since I first wrote to NASA (without knowing the exact address in Houston) and got my first brown envelope with Apollo 14 and Apollo 15 crew portraits and lithos... when the package arrived... Best day of my childhood life

16. Kmart Feb 14, 2020

The secret: high and tight. Hard to have a bad hair day that way. :cool:

wagudc, Mad Dog and SpeedyPhill like this.
  17. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Feb 14, 2020

I have cast bullets since the 1970s and have a good basic set-up with bullet molds for many calibers. Can provide projectiles for several cartridges, but mostly cast bullets for oddball obsolete cartridges I like to play with, particularly the .38-40 and .32-20.

Never tried casting bullets for the 9mm before. I don't often even reload for it. It's too easy to buy cheap ammunition for burnin' up at the range. A Luger resides here and it seems to prefer heavier loads than many American ammunition makers provide.

Waltesefalcon likes this.
  18. Guy0783 Feb 16, 2020

My boys and their projects, sports teams, boy scouts, keeping an old 3/4 ton Chevy and a Barracuda going, mini bikes, firearms, and outdoor activities keep me tied up outside watches.

noelekal likes this.
  19. Muddlerminnow Feb 16, 2020

CUJO, Retsamaes, Fastsled and 15 others like this.
  20. GordonL Feb 16, 2020

In my teens I became a fan of the music of Lou Reed and the Velvet Underground. That somehow turned into an obsession so for 40 years I've been collecting "stuff" relating to Lou. I started out with (vinyl) records but moved into posters, books, programmes, concert tickets, concert recordings, in fact pretty much anything.....I've run out of space to store it all!
    I also became a big fan of Lenny Bruce and have a (smaller) collection of similar material relating to his (tragically) shorter life.

Flatfoot and Ebuster like this.