Forums Latest Members

What is this watch? 12 in arabic numeral, sub-second...

1. Bachaumont Apr 18, 2020

Hi guys. New here. I hope this post respects the rules of the forum.

I was curious about this watch my girlfriend bought in Japan for around 550$, at least 6 or 7 years ago. I'm a fan of vintage Omegas but this is the first time I see one like that. Especially 12 as the only number in arabic numeral. The sub-second and the sunburst dial leads me to the 50s but that's about how much I can guess about this watch.

I am very sorry for the quality of the picture. We're not in the same place at the moment and it's all I could get. She says there's nothing on the watch back, and she's not really willing to open it.

Could it be an aftermarket dial? The "AUTOMATIC" position seems a little bit off for me. But the typography seems legit.

Do you guys have examples of similar ones, references and such?

Thank you. Bachaumont

IMG_5678.JPG
    Edited Apr 18, 2020
  2. KingCrouchy Apr 18, 2020

Hello and welcome here, sadly the dial was redone in the past and is a Redial. Still a nice gift that you should wear and enjoy.:thumbsup:

DaveK, Bachaumont and Shabbaz like this.
  3. Dan S Apr 18, 2020

Definitely a repainted dial. Hands also seem like replacements.

Regarding the question, "are there actual Omega dials with the same design?" ... I don't know the answer.

Bachaumont and Mark020 like this.
  4. Bachaumont Apr 19, 2020

I don’t know what kind of inspiration went into the mind of the person who remade it. What a strange mixture.

It’s a cute item nonetheless.

Thanks a lot guys!

Edited Apr 19, 2020
  5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Apr 19, 2020

I believe this model is referred to as the "Trainwreck"

Besides the horrible dial and hands, the gold plating is worn through on the lugs. I can only imagine how the movement has been treated over the years.

Bachaumont likes this.