What is the heaviest Omega on the wrist?

Ok, so the gold-bracelets are not solid if I understand right. This also means that they probably tend to develope more stretch than steel ones: beeing non solid plus being of softer material...

some gold references do have solid links. I think F2R was commenting on a specific model/line.

Any other members with solid gold Omegas here? Lets share some pics. I think I have one deep in the drawers somewhere, I have to investgate...

The platinum speedy on bracelet has to have some hefty.

One day I'll snag a Canopus gold speedy, clocks on around 230g or so?

This is 228g without bracelet which is a pretty impressive effort for a strap and clasp watch, also the thickest mechanical Omega has ever made:

At 212 grams it's not the heaviest watch in the box..... but it wears the heaviest. Most of the weight is concentrated at the case, causing the narrow bracelet to lever and 'cut' into the wrist, all the while the crown imbeds itself into the back of the hand.

I can handle the watch for about 4-hours, then the wrist needs a break.

image3.jpeg
Edited:

At 212 grams it's not the heaviest watch in the box..... but it wears the heaviest. Most of the weight is concentrated at the case, causing the narrow bracelet to 'cut' into the wrist, all the while the crown imbeds itself into the back of the hand.

image3.jpeg
That sounds terrible mate! Better let me take care of it for you 😉

At 212 grams it's not the heaviest watch in the box..... but it wears the heaviest. Most of the weight is concentrated at the case, causing the narrow bracelet to lever and 'cut' into the wrist, all the while the crown imbeds itself into the back of the hand.

image3.jpeg
looks too loose and riding on your wrist bones.

looks too loose and riding on your wrist bones.

That pic was taken out of the box...since removed two links.

image3.jpeg
Nice watch!
I have the same sensation when wearing watches too loose, even with smaller ones. I have to adjust them otherwise they bug me....

image3.jpeg
212, holy moly! Which model is that?

I thought it was that, but I wasn’t sure😀 Never actually had the chance to see one in person before. Such a beautiful piece! Care to share some thoughts about it?
Thanks😀

I thought it was that, but I wasn’t sure😀 Never actually had the chance to see one in person before. Such a beautiful piece! Care to share some thoughts about it?
Thanks😀
Sure.... I posted these comments on my local watch forum:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some early observations...

1- The watch is heavy…. The kind of heavy that will likely be exhausting after a full day of use. Plus, it’s rather top heavy. So much so I wear the bracelet a little tighter than I normally would.

2- The size is perfect for me. As a bigger guy, I normally gravitate towards larger watches (40mm+), but I find the 38.6mm diameter of this watch suits me fine. However the watch is thick (13.9mm)…especially for a manual wind. Still fits under a cuff, but a little thinner would have been better.

3- The visibility is great, even for my old eyes. In some lighting conditions the sub-dial hands disappear. At first I thought they were painted black, but it’s just the way they reflect light.

4- The bracelet is well executed and the clasp has an on-the-fly extension…all be it of limited length.

5- The watch is very understated. You can probably wear it in the dodgiest of neighborhoods without drawing undue attention…..but I wouldn’t recommend it.

These are my early observations. I’ll provide updates as time marches on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Weeks on the Wrist – Update

1- Legibility. If I had any doubts about dumping my Daytona, they’re all gone now. This watch is extremely legible. Be it the arrow hands, or the exceptional contrast against the onyx dial, telling time with this watch is effortless. Where my old-eyes struggled with my Daytona, no issues with the Speedy.

2- She’s so damn heavy!!! The only watch that comes close to this Speedy in my collection is my Doxa Sub 200T Graph. At 216 grams, the Doxa comes in 4 grams heavier than the Speedy. However, the Doxa is all-day comfortable, likely due to its wider bracelet that spreads the load across my wrist.

The Speedy on the other hand has a narrower and thinner bracelet. And with the bulk of its weight concentrated at the case, the bracelet figuratively ‘cuts’ into the wrist. I’m good for about 4-hours after which my wrist needs a break.

3- The Flex. None….. ZERO…. Nada. If you’re not a WIS (and even then), this watch flies so far under the radar the air-force should emulate its design for their six-generation fighter. 🤣

4-Accuracy. Running about 8-seconds fast with 0-beat error. Good enough for me. Surprising amplitude for what is supposed to be a vintage movement.

What’s next? At the moment, I can’t think of another single watch that tickles my fancy…at least not enough to sell another kidney. 🤣

What I do know is that I need to get serious about culling the collection. With the watches securely stored offsite, it now takes me 6-months to rotate though the collection…. that’s just stupid!

That pretty much sums things up. Omega says they limit 321 movement production to 1000-2000 units a year. I wonder how 321-fabricaion is distributed amongst their Ed White, 321 Plat and 321CG? I’m guessing a ratio of 100-10-1.

Perhaps we’ll never know.

Sure.... I posted these comments on my local watch forum:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some early observations...

1- The watch is heavy…. The kind of heavy that will likely be exhausting after a full day of use. Plus, it’s rather top heavy. So much so I wear the bracelet a little tighter than I normally would.

2- The size is perfect for me. As a bigger guy, I normally gravitate towards larger watches (40mm+), but I find the 38.6mm diameter of this watch suits me fine. However the watch is thick (13.9mm)…especially for a manual wind. Still fits under a cuff, but a little thinner would have been better.

3- The visibility is great, even for my old eyes. In some lighting conditions the sub-dial hands disappear. At first I thought they were painted black, but it’s just the way they reflect light.

4- The bracelet is well executed and the clasp has an on-the-fly extension…all be it of limited length.

5- The watch is very understated. You can probably wear it in the dodgiest of neighborhoods without drawing undue attention…..but I wouldn’t recommend it.

These are my early observations. I’ll provide updates as time marches on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two Weeks on the Wrist – Update

1- Legibility. If I had any doubts about dumping my Daytona, they’re all gone now. This watch is extremely legible. Be it the arrow hands, or the exceptional contrast against the onyx dial, telling time with this watch is effortless. Where my old-eyes struggled with my Daytona, no issues with the Speedy.

2- She’s so damn heavy!!! The only watch that comes close to this Speedy in my collection is my Doxa Sub 200T Graph. At 216 grams, the Doxa comes in 4 grams heavier than the Speedy. However, the Doxa is all-day comfortable, likely due to its wider bracelet that spreads the load across my wrist.

The Speedy on the other hand has a narrower and thinner bracelet. And with the bulk of its weight concentrated at the case, the bracelet figuratively ‘cuts’ into the wrist. I’m good for about 4-hours after which my wrist needs a break.

3- The Flex. None….. ZERO…. Nada. If you’re not a WIS (and even then), this watch flies so far under the radar the air-force should emulate its design for their six-generation fighter. 🤣

4-Accuracy. Running about 8-seconds fast with 0-beat error. Good enough for me. Surprising amplitude for what is supposed to be a vintage movement.

What’s next? At the moment, I can’t think of another single watch that tickles my fancy…at least not enough to sell another kidney. 🤣

What I do know is that I need to get serious about culling the collection. With the watches securely stored offsite, it now takes me 6-months to rotate though the collection…. that’s just stupid!

That pretty much sums things up. Omega says they limit 321 movement production to 1000-2000 units a year. I wonder how 321-fabricaion is distributed amongst their Ed White, 321 Plat and 321CG? I’m guessing a ratio of 100-10-1.

Perhaps we’ll never know.
Great write up! Thank you so much for sharing😀 If you’re ever looking to part with it please let me know😀