What is the heaviest Omega on the wrist?

Posts
232
Likes
342
Hi all,

I was wondering how much weight do our beloved Omegas put on the scale and: which is the heaviest of them produced? I have this to start with, but maybe the more recent production with larger cases might top this model:

My 125 Speedmaster has 205 grams on my kitches-scale. I would be happy to see similar pics of your heaviest Omega here:

Best, cfk

Edited:
 
Posts
13,489
Likes
31,802
I think an 18K Flightmaster on a bracelet is around 225-230g.

 
Posts
6,430
Likes
31,574
Learned today from the OF YouTube thread the PO Chrono 18k is 228g but that's on a leather strap on deployant, so that's heavy.
 
Posts
6,609
Likes
26,776
PloProf has to be in the running for the heaviest model
The stainless version of the PloProf weighs 279g.

The stainless version of the Ultra Deep weighs 254g.

(both with their respective bracelets)
 
Posts
337
Likes
280
PloProf would’ve been my guess also. That is one big chunk of metal.
 
Posts
2,781
Likes
4,706
The gold Flightmaster would have to be a contender my stainless one is fairly hefty
 
Posts
185
Likes
170
IIRC, my “big blue” weighed about 180 on bracelet, and the 1000m was right around 200.
Edited:
 
Posts
1,913
Likes
2,928
My white gold 43mm Aqua Terra weighs around 280g fully linked. You definitely know it’s there when you’re wearing it. The platinum 300m heritage diver is around 320g, I think, and there might be a solid gold chronoscope that’s about that heavy too.

Someday I want to try on the full platinum Royal Oak Offshore that weighs over a pound. Ludicrous.
 
Posts
384
Likes
375
holding out until omega make a watch out of lead. maybe they'll be a bit less stingy with how much they use since it's a little cheaper than gold
 
Posts
232
Likes
342
Folks, do you have some pics of these watches? A kitchen-scale will do, please give it a try....
 
Posts
1,913
Likes
2,928
Folks, do you have some pics of these watches? A kitchen-scale will do, please give it a try....

As I wear it—minus a link or two. It’s pretty much my daily, so I don’t really notice it as “heavy” anymore, but I also never forget that it’s on. And what I really notice is when I switch to a different watch—and think “wow, this weighs *nothing*!” even though it’s probably 130 grams.
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671


hard to beat this for a stainless steel watch.
 
Posts
232
Likes
342
As I wear it—minus a link or two. It’s pretty much my daily, so I don’t really notice it as “heavy” anymore, but I also never forget that it’s on. And what I really notice is when I switch to a different watch—and think “wow, this weighs *nothing*!” even though it’s probably 130 grams.
Is this the wg Aqua Terra? Very stealthy, nice!
 
Posts
3,945
Likes
45,438
Those of you with Seamasters - are those figures with or without the Helium? I reckon a Seamaster without Helium has to be the heaviest.
 
Posts
1,913
Likes
2,928
Is this the wg Aqua Terra? Very stealthy, nice!

Yeah, white gold. It "identifies" as steel, but there's a gold-y warmth to it in certain light.
 
Posts
232
Likes
342


hard to beat this for a stainless steel watch.
Ok, this is the heaviest steel Omega pictured so far...