Forums Latest Members

2603-2 265 Jumbo Omega - first week on the wrist

1. johnireland Sep 24, 2021

Well, this watch has been a pure delight. Surface wise, at 37.5 mm, it makes a great presentation on my wrist...and at the same time, its thinness and the light weight of the case and manual wind movement creates a very comfortable watch for daily use. A plain unpadded strap compliments the simplicity of the whole package.

Time wise, it is doing a great job...no major loss or gain on a daily basis. I gave it a full wind when it arrived and now I give it 25 turns each night when I take it off to go to sleep. (This is based on a Speedy I had years ago...those were the instructions for it, but I can't remember the source of the info.)

The dial is lovely...aged but nicely. The rose gold colored markers and hands are interesting. The markers are shorter than I would expect, and the hands slightly longer in order to reach out to the markers.

The lack of water resistance with the Jumbo snap back cases reminds me of my days with a Patek Calatrava...to be safe I take off the watch when getting anywhere near moisture...like when draining a steaming pot of pasta. Or rinsing dishes in the sink.

I have another Jumbo arriving any day...and if it equals this I will have made two very good buys. Oh yes, I'm getting used to the small sub dial for the seconds.

o3.jpg 2b.jpg 4d.jpg new jumbo omega.jpg

Shay, MtV, Davidt and 6 others like this.
  2. gbesq Sep 24, 2021

I have a similar reference 2612 that I acquired a few months ago. It’s currently at my watchmaker being cleaned and serviced. I’m looking forward to wearing it.
    7181E29E-B582-4031-91B0-8632AE0E2B70.jpeg

3. PaulC77 Sep 24, 2021

Beautiful example @johnireland, good to see you’ve made your way over to this forum. I remember you from VRF years ago when it was a more vibrant place.

4. Shay Oct 4, 2021

The jumbo case is very nice. It fits very well on the wrists. I can’t put my finger on it, but this is one of my favourite watch.