Forums Latest Members
  1. PEIslander Apr 10, 2015

I have a fiddle that my father bought at a flea market probably twenty-five years ago: made in 1865 by a PEI fiddle maker; I plan to give it to my young son who is, through my wife, a not too distant cousin of the Rankin Family. I believe that he has a latent musical talent built into him; music runs in her family.

CdnWatchDoc likes this.
  2. 1685 Apr 10, 2015

Golf memorbila, Masters and Open Championship focused while collecting the memories of playing the courses with my mates (unfortunately not Augusta, yet...)

OmegaRookie likes this.
  3. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 10, 2015

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Apr 10, 2015

BMW Style 5 / BBS RS / BBS RC090 never get old, both our E34s have them

citizenrich likes this.
  5. DocHolliday Apr 11, 2015

Calories. I collect all the calories.

Deafboy, Privateday7, MikiJ and 8 others like this.
  6. Barking mad Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Apr 11, 2015

Several years ago doctor in Aus told me that the average male beyond the age of 34(i Think) gains 1kg per year. Doing all I can to buck the trend:mad:

7. TheCaptainOfTech Apr 11, 2015

Since I am a golfer I'm an collector of a lot of Bogeys, a fair share of Pars, some Birdies and no Eagles ;)

DocHolliday and citizenrich like this.
  8. lillatroll Apr 11, 2015

any holes in one?

9. TheCaptainOfTech Apr 11, 2015

No some Doubles and Triples though ;)

citizenrich and lillatroll like this.
  10. Northernman Lemaniac Apr 11, 2015

More accumulation than collecting really but count me in there! :)

11. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Apr 11, 2015

Good lord I wish I could "unsee" that!:eek::eek:

Save yourselves, don't click on the link! ::facepalm2::

Jimos likes this.
  12. lillatroll Apr 11, 2015

couldn t help myself. Wish I had been able to. I have always believed bellybutton fluff was blue now I know different

13. Tony C. Ωf Jury member Apr 11, 2015

Nothing remotely like my vintage watch collection, but I have owned quite a few vintage posters over the years, and still have around a dozen. Here's a masterpiece of a sub-genre, Swiss "Object Posters" from the mid-20th Century. It is by Peter Birkhäuser, who was one of the leaders of a small group of artists who developed the genre. It's very big (as were many such advertising posters of the day), and in beautiful condition.

[​IMG]

I also like custom knives, though have never owned more than one at a time. Here is one that I commissioned from a well-known maker, featuring a particular color and quality of fossil Mammoth ivory that took me months to source:

[​IMG]

Recently, I have bought a few vintage adding machines. Here is a pretty Brunsviga 13:

[​IMG]

14. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 11, 2015

Sweet knife there. I would love to skin a few Buffalo with that beauty

Have had a few made buy top knife-makers over the years but all are used regularly hunting and fishing. Couldnt get into the collecting scene as display cabinets are not my scene. You think watches are a big money spend wait until you see the prices of collectable knives

15. Geo! Apr 11, 2015

Early Leica cameras and accessories. :) image.jpg

micampe, philo, citizenrich and 5 others like this.
  16. bristnj Apr 11, 2015

My '63 SS Nova Vert. Its a driver, not a show car by any means.
    [​IMG]

Hijak, citizenrich, RLC and 4 others like this.
  17. RLC Apr 11, 2015

Vinyl.....got quite a bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Boats & Wives.... one each.
    [​IMG]

Cars... only one worth having.
    [​IMG]

Little Trains.....
    [​IMG]

Oh.....and a trailer.
    [​IMG]

Bob

Edited Apr 11, 2015
  18. peatnick Apr 11, 2015

Impressive, I mostly have unknown local artists' work, occasionally they come to prominence

Best example of that is Keith Harring (RIP) who personalized a screen print for me. We met at a night club where he worked the door during the late 70's

Update

[​IMG]

Not sure the personalization is clear but he wrote "for Peter". It was a year or so after I graduated CUNY and didn't have anything. My apartment was furnished by dumpster dives. Not really sure why I asked him to sign the vodka ad, the entire 80's is a bit blurry to me ...

He also gave me a swatch he designed but that was left behind somewhere while this survived.

Now a days my wife buys most of the art, probably a good thing

Edited Apr 11, 2015
  19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Apr 11, 2015

I was going to make this same comment about big bucks...a watch collector I know is into knives in a big way (even made a few) and he helped me source a small folding pocket knife a few years ago from a maker in the US. It wasn't terribly expensive, and it's very well made with black MOP inlays...this is a photo I took:

[​IMG]

And here are the shots the maker took - it's a bugger to get good photos of:

[​IMG]

Maker is Mike Alsdorf - http://alsdorfcustomcutlery.com/home.html

No affiliation other than being a satisfied customer of his.

When I got this knife I started to get more of an interest in the higher end knives, and my buddy suggested I go onto BladeForums.com. I did and when I saw some of the custom knives there, and what they were going for, it totally blew me away.

I've always loved knives, and I have many that were just massed produced knives when I bought them, so the custom route is something I could really get into. But for me the problem with even a fairly inexpensive nice knife like the one I have, is that it's too nice to really use day to day, which was the intent when I bought it. So I still carry the old Uncle Henry (a real US made one by Schrade) that my mother gave me years ago before she passed away. If I was going to get into them big time I would need display room, as well as deep pockets...

Cheers, Al

citizenrich, noelekal and OmegaRookie like this.
  20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Apr 11, 2015

citizenrich and noelekal like this.