What else do you collect?

Posts
3,652
Likes
24,761
Lately, it's been a lot of pokemon with my kid and then uranium glass with my wife.

 
Posts
366
Likes
936
Typical of others, I enjoy cars. Particularly 911s. Atypically I’ve collected umbrellas from my travels. Not sure what to do with those, but kinda like matchboxes that people grab when traveling.
 
Posts
985
Likes
5,704
Found an old box of personal effects from my youth.

Pretty sure my collection of modern classic cars will rival any other.
 
Posts
2,380
Likes
11,244
Found an old box of personal effects from my youth.

Pretty sure my collection of modern classic cars will rival any other.
Haven't seen the Audi Avus model before. You are correct about the collection.
 
Posts
985
Likes
5,704
Haven't seen the Audi Avus model before. You are correct about the collection.
Growing up I would visit family in Europe and get them there. Maybe I was able to find more variety of non Us brands out there. The NSX has a Honda logo on it which I thought was cool being that I only knew it as an Acura.
Edited:
 
Posts
1,976
Likes
5,049
Beautiful work. You built those? You really know how to turn luth i er artistic side.
No, just collect and play
 
Posts
58
Likes
169
Next to watches i collect books, hats and caps.

If i am able to make grown up money in the future i would like to start a small motorcycle collection.
 
Posts
652
Likes
957
1:1250 1939 Wiking ship models, original box a plus!

Here a nice Gneisenau, I have a gorgeous Queen Elizabeth incoming, and my eye on the Hood


 
Posts
350
Likes
335
Next to watches i collect books, hats and caps.

If i am able to make grown up money in the future i would like to start a small motorcycle collection.
Hooray! Finally, someone who collects books. Most of mine are now donated / given away, but I've saved a few of special interest to me.
 
Posts
1,857
Likes
9,474
Hooray! Finally, someone who collects books. Most of mine are now donated / given away, but I've saved a few of special interest to me.

I own 1043 books (all read), but I don't call them a collection but a library.
 
Posts
16,900
Likes
48,108

Collect Don Pendleton artwork who was the artist for many skate brands. Had a heavy Owl 🦉 pattern in many of he’s works

Have a load of he’s work from LE skateboards, small run LE prints to a few originals

Had a glass LE made by Blenko glass

So had to get one.


Sort of rubbing off on me.


What it will eventually look like
 
Posts
350
Likes
335
I own 1043 books (all read), but I don't call them a collection but a library.
Right. You don't need to collect books to be a reader. I've known voracious readers who refused to keep a single book in their house. I've kept a small selection, most in memory of my parents, who were writers and editors. I believe only two have any real value as collectables, and you'd need a bunch more to swap for a single Speedmaster, Seamaster or Railmaster. Still, I think 1043 qualifies as a collection.
 
Posts
1,857
Likes
9,474
...You don't need to collect books to be a reader. I've known voracious readers who refused to keep a single book in their house....
Right. But I know people who fill entire shelves with books without ever opening a single one. How would you define those?