Forums Latest Members
  1. blubarb Nov 4, 2015

Joe Namath. How I remember those cool Namath Windsor boot adverts in Playboy. Yes, I used to read the ads.

2. blubarb Nov 4, 2015

I also collect this daily...but it has little value outside of politics.

image.jpeg

citizenrich likes this.
  3. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Nov 4, 2015

Yea Blubarb!

I began my shaving career with a Fat Boy in 1969, before they had acquired that nickname from collectors, when my dad, who had gone over to electric razors, handed me his razor and told me to go shave the unsightly peach fuzz off from above my upper lip. No instructions in technique, no notion of what those adjustment numbers stood for, and no shaving cream but only bar soap left me with an unpleasant experience. Shaved with that thing generally set on "6" because I liked the number six, until about 1980 when I gratefully adopted the Trac II, gleefully tossing the beast as far back in a bathroom drawer as I could. Never did figure it out, even after graduating from bar soap to real shaving cream and so endured some real bloodbaths. Only about 30 years later, after I revisited the model later, after it'd gotten the moniker 'Fat Boy,' did I "learn to drive" it.

blubarb likes this.
  4. Timecollector Nov 4, 2015

I collect a variety of watches, but mainly two brands. I collect gold and silver coins & restore/collect musclecars, new & old. My latest is my 1970 Plymouth GTX and my 2007 Supercharged Redfire Roush 427R. An easier hobby is studying Civil War history which I also do in my spare time..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edited Nov 4, 2015
    cicindela, TexOmega, Garv and 3 others like this.
  5. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Nov 4, 2015

OOOooo... a 440 six-pack! Love vintage big-block Mopars. Nice post, timecollector!

Timecollector likes this.
  6. lillatroll Nov 5, 2015

7. citizenrich Metal Mixer! Nov 5, 2015

Holy fcuk.

Where do you live and would you be weirded out if I came over and checked out that perfect beast?

I can't believe you have a '70 GTX and a 100 point one, no less. F,,,,N,,,A

That Roush is also, siiiiiiiiiick. I remember when they came out it caused such a fuss in the auto industry.

Are you an engineer? Just guessing based on those (2) cars...

I also have an affinity for Civil War history. I'm not as interested in the organized armies of the states' as much as I'm interested in the sacrifices made by the civilian population of the south and border states. Total War :(

I'm a Yankee but I've family on my father's side who fought on both sides.

Edited Nov 5, 2015
    Timecollector likes this.
  8. Timecollector Nov 5, 2015

Thanks for the kind words. I am not classified as an engineer but work closely with them. I am a licensed commercial airline mechanic. I work mainly in electronics on both Boeing and Airbus aircraft.
    The Roush stuff was very popular when they came out but those older models have been overtaken in horsepower by many of today's newer models but I liked the retro body style back then. Not a fan of the most resent redesign but that's just me.
    The GTX was a great project. I had two others in high school but never had the income to fix them up so I did on this one. I am getting older so it's harder now to tinker with cars so I have switched to watch collecting. They don't hurt my back as much but still put a dent in my wallet. :)

I grew up near Gettysburg so Civil War was always an interest to me and all the big car shows they have in Carlisle, Pa was only 3-4 miles down the road.

9. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Nov 5, 2015

I also love history including Civil War history. This uninspiring photo was taken of the Cold Harbor trenches a few weeks back while we were in Virginia visiting friends.
    [​IMG]

250scr, flw, RLC and 2 others like this.
  10. x3no Nov 5, 2015

"The Dingo Man. He's no ordinary Joe." .. How could I forget that advertisement :) Bringing me back to the days!

It's funny you mention that, we actually did help start a "Eastern Shore Hall of Fame Museum" close by, with plenty of memorabilia. Lots of stuff from my Father though. He was inducted into the Eastern Shore Baseball Hall of Fame so we helped contribute and make it something. It isn't anything near the Baseball Hall of Fame you may be thinking of, but its still an achievement :)

lillatroll and blubarb like this.
  11. Rockmastermike Nov 5, 2015

wives, apparently ::rimshot::

blubarb and Garv like this.
  12. Garv no longer a member of the terminally hip Nov 5, 2015

Guitars 2.jpg Strat.jpg I'm not sure how I ended up with all of these. There is also an Alvarez acoustic and a home grown Les Paul style that is almost finished to be added to this assortment

Joe1010, 250scr, noelekal and 5 others like this.
  13. Hijak Nov 5, 2015

Nice wood!:whistling:

14. Garv no longer a member of the terminally hip Nov 5, 2015

Thanks!

15. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Nov 5, 2015

[​IMG]

Got into these, briefly. Cheap entertainment @ $20 a pop....

Loads of fun chasing the cat (nicely, of course ;))!

16. Cal_321 Nov 6, 2015

I'm totally impressed, what you're collecting.Very nice and interesting thread!

17. batugajah Nov 6, 2015

[​IMG] I'm collecting watches book

blubarb likes this.
  18. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 10, 2016

Glass

Whilst in the Nederlands I picked up nice piece of glass artwork

A Gert Bullee from Den Hauge

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Gert Bullee,s YouTube video

And
    Some of he's other works
    http://www.gertbullee.nl/pages/84870/Eigen_werk.html

And a small hand blown bottle from Denmark,s Christian Edwards

19. lillatroll Jan 10, 2016

Those are nice pieces. I have no knowledge about glass collecting.I have only heard of Lalicque
    Were they reasonably priced if it is not too impertinent to ask?

20. Tex Jan 12, 2016

Lots of this sort of thing....

1911XSEA20110728_631.jpg
    mikekilo725 and noelekal like this.