the GQ article banner has 11 colors, which match’s up with the 11 solar system bodies highlighted
Check out these watches on the new crew in the ISS.
In addition to X-33s, they have this white case grey band digital
11 colorful Omegas in bioceramic
Calibre 8900 for planet versions and 3861 for Moon edition
Only Omega x Swatch edition, no Swatch edition branded with Omega
So, multicolored bioceramic Moon(s)watches then. Design inspired by the Speedmaster, materials by Swatch.
But what about the movement? Swatch put out NASA-related chronographs before, but those are quartz watches. Wondering if these will be the first(?) automatic/Sistem51 chronos.
BTW, Swatch already sells a very Speedmaster/Moonwatch inspired watch, also a quartz. So I guess they’re just making the inspiration/homage explicit?
EDITED TO ADD: https://www.instagram.com/p/CbZrIC-q9P-/?utm_medium=copy_link
Fratello Watches instagram seems to have a photo of the crown...what a tease
by the look of the case back, it’s battery powered
Quartz speedy homage?
Looks like there’s some new tease for a mars version on revolution.watch’s instagram
some more teasers
This ad campaign is starting to remind me of something Maurice Lacroix just did, where they released a bunch of coloured versions of the Aikon, like the standard model but made of upcycled plastic composite and cheaper. ML is also a swatch brand if I remember correctly?
Doesn't seem to be:
Hah! It actually was, for me. Still have my 80s GS square and still going strong.
I'm definitely intrigued.
But I think I need to just go ahead and come to terms with the fact that, if it is something I even want, I probably won't be able to get it lol.
I was there. I was 9 in '87. Thanks for the welcome and stay classy.
Oh I made a similar mistake in another forum thread.... or maybe psychic powers got the better of me.
Ditto. Also, it never occurred to me that something like this would stir people up. I'm all in for that, at least.
The ceramic OMEGA x SWATCH crown is a bit awesome.
Hopefully this is big, because it will then explain why the recent Omega releases were so weak.
The swatch website is running the same banner. Interestingly enough they already have a few bioceramic offerings priced around $135 in quite a few colors similar to what Omega is teasing. Really interested to see what this is.
trying to piece together various bits and pieces here:
(1) the initial teasers show 11 bodies from our solar system, to include the 8 planets plus the Sun, Pluto, and Earth’s moon
(2) coinciding with the 11 solar system bodies, other teasers highlight 11 colorways
(3) both Swatch and Omega boutiques put out window displays of large cases
(4) New teasers indeed show what appear to be multiple colorways of watches tied to certain of the planets/bodies
(5) other teasers mention Swatch’s bioceramics, and the r teased, colorized watches indeed appear to have cases from a material like Swatch’s bioceramics
(6) at least two of the colorways have a winding crown (for either only setting the time, or perhaps also winding a movement)
(7) that crown appears as the graphic on the exterior of the big box
(7) the (presumably) bioceramic crowns and nearby bezels do appear to be speedy-esque (compare to the above), and the (presumably) bioceramic crown’s knurling include 24 teeth as with the speedy’s crown
(8)the copy on the backs of the watches are full of “mission to mars,” or “mission on earth,” as well as “reach for the planets” or “enjoy the mission”
And just as I was putting that together, time and tide gave the most informative leak yet:
Things are more clear now...
Separate names with a comma.